This application provides pictures and information on the frequency of speeding and red light violations to a traffic control government institution in the city of Rio de Janeiro (CET-RIO). Across the city of Rio de Janeiro, many traffic control devices exist: Speed (Fixed) Control Devices, Speed (Mobile) Control Devices, and Red Light Control Devices. The equipment is set to take pictures of automobiles that cross its lace with a pre-determined speed (Speed Device), and automobiles that cross the lace when the light is red (Red Light Device).
Main features include:
- Material Control - controls the material that is being taken out and brought back in by the collecting crew.
- Checkup Report's Control - reports what happens at each visit to the equipment.
- Film Revelation Control - controls what film goes to the revelation company and what film comes back.
- Scanning Control - images are moved to directory and scanned with Ultra-Resolution.
- Preprocessing Control - opens the first available image in the scanning directory so the user can input information about the violation.
- Processing Control - opens image in the preprocessing directory.
- Analysis Control - opens image in the analysis directory.
- Automobile Model Catalog Control - allows the user to catalog all automobile models in many different angles.
- Production Analysis Reports - gives manager all reports and graphics for complete review.
- Managing Control - generates a CD-ROM, TXT file, and report with information on violation.
- External View Control - placed in the governmental Institution for viewing of violation.
'DBI Traffic Violation Control' was created with LEADTOOLS Imaging and incorporated these functions:
- LtOcx11n.ocx: To show the JPG image
- Enhance and Zoom: To provide a better look at the license plate number. Sometimes conditions cause the picture to be too light or dark.
- TIFF Store format: Makes it possible to store more than one image in a single file.
- LEAD Compression Algorithm: To reduce the size of the file
- BMP Conversion: Provides users the capability of opening the image with a common imaging tool.
"LEADTOOLS was the only tool I found that provided an ActiveX Control to manage the images. It permits the developer to show, zoom, enhance and save the image or portion of the image in different formats with a very easy-to-use set of properties and methods. The imaging controls were very simple to use, and the only problem I had was solved reading the help files and reviewing the examples in the toolkit. If I hadn't used LEADTOOLS, this application would have been impossible to develop."
- Marcelo R.B. da Silva, Data Boundary Informatica