Obtaining a License
Use of LEADTOOLS requires a license file and a developer key file. Below is a description on how to obtain a LEADTOOLS license file and a developer key file.
Licensing for Evaluation
Obtain an evaluation license file and a developer key file to evaluate all LEADTOOLS features. You may download the latest build of LEADTOOLS and have an evaluation license and developer key file emailed to you by registering at Downloads.
Licensing for Development and Deployment
To obtain a deployment license file and developer key file follow these steps:
- Register for a portal account by either downloading the latest evaluation SDK or by filling out the registration form.
- Purchase a development license for the LEADTOOLS product(s) that include your desired feature(s). If you are unsure which product is right for you, try our product wizard or email our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon purchasing a LEADTOOLS development license, a temporary license file and developer key file will be sent to you so that you may continue to develop while a deployment license agreement is put into place.
- Within the LEADTOOLS portal, fill out your project details. There, you will have the option to create a Deployment License Application (DLA).
- Complete and submit the Deployment License Application Form (DLA) and a sales associate will contact you with a formal quote to purchase the deployment license(s) and any additional information needed to finalize a deployment license agreement.
- Next, purchase any necessary deployment licenses, and if applicable, complete and sign a Commercial Deployment License Agreement (CDLA). The signed document may be scanned as a PDF file and sent to email@example.com or sent via fax to +1-704-372-8139. To obtain a copy of the Commercial Distribution License for your specific needs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally, once licensing has received your Deployment License Application (DLA) form and, if applicable, the executed Commercial Deployment License Agreement (CDLA), you will be sent the specific deployment license file and developer key necessary to unlock the appropriate features. At this point, you may distribute your application per the aforementioned deployment license agreement.