With the Document Viewer you can take advantage of LEADTOOLS Raster and Document support, Caching, SVG, OCR, Annotations, and
Image Viewer technologies to create applications that can view, edit, and modify any type of document on the desktop or web with a minimal amount of code.
The Document Viewer exhibits the following features:
Support for any type of document. The input document is handled by the LEADTOOLS Document Library which provides a uniform set of programming tools for loading and parsing raster and SVG images, annotations, thumbnails, text data, metadata, and bookmarks from supported document types. These include but are not limited to:
- Adobe Acrobat PDF and PDF/A
- Microsoft Office DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX and PPT/PPTX
- CAD formats such as DXF, DWG and DWF
- TIFF, JPEG, PNG, EXIF, BMP and hundreds more raster image formats
- Plain Text and RTF
- Export to any other format. The viewer can be integrated with the LEADTOOLS Document Converter to convert any type of document to another with minimal code.
- Support for large documents with any number of pages. The viewer uses background threads to load, view and discard pages on demand to increase performance and preserve system resources. Caching and virtualization provide a smooth user interface experience when viewing large documents.
- SVG and Raster viewing. Use SVG viewing for any type of document format to provide unlimited and fast smooth zoom without pixelization of text and vector shapes.
- Annotations and markup support. Read and write annotation objects embedded in documents or from external sources. These objects include drawing and collaboration text review objects.
- Free text search. Uses OCR and SVG technologies to parse text from any type document to support text search and extraction.
- Rich user interaction. Support for mouse and touch devices for panning, zooming, magnify glass, annotations editing, text selection and hyper-linking.
- Document bookmarks and table of contents support. Parse bookmarks and header information from documents and provide clickable links to more easily navigate through a document.
- Easy-to-use and extensible commands programming interface. The document viewer comes with pre-set commands for common functions for layout, information retrieval, and interaction. Extend these commands or add your own.
For more information and an example, refer to Using LEADTOOLS Document Viewer.