The LEADTOOLS OCR Class Library provides programming tools for quickly and easily inserting document optical character recognition (OCR) technology into software applications. Using the LEADTOOLS OCR Class Library, programmers can perform character recognition on document images and output recognized text to over 20 file formats.
LEADTOOLS makes OCR development easier with auto-zone detection, manual zone creation, auto-orientation, document image cleanup, and preset values for common document images that can be used to improve recognition results. The LEADTOOLS OCR Class Library supports over 40 languages and features output document options like specifying document margins and paragraph options.
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF and PDF/A)
- Microsoft Word (DOCX and DOC)
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
- Text (ASCII and UNICODE)
- Microsoft Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- Windows Enhanced Metafile (EMF)
- LEAD Temporary Document (LTD)
- Open XML Paper Specification (XPS)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS)
- ALTO XML
The LEADTOOLS OCR Class Library offers support for multiple OCR engines. Currently, LEADTOOLS ships with the following OCR engines:
- LEADTOOLS OCR Module - LEAD Engine
- LEADTOOLS OCR Module - OmniPage Engine
- LEADTOOLS OCR Module - OmniPage Engine with Additional Languages
With the LEADTOOLS OCR Class Library, the internal workings of the various engines are hidden and represented in a uniform class library. You should be able—if desired—to switch among any of the supported OCR engines without changing your application code or logic.
Standard OCR Engine Options
The following standard options are available in all OCR engines:
- OMR (Optical Mark Recognition)
- Auto/manual Zoning
- Formatted Output
- PDF Output
- Add support for multi-threading and server-based OCR operations
- Create multiple OCR documents in your application. Each document contains its own list of pages
- Select the language to use when recognizing the OCR pages
- Use dictionaries to improve OCR results (LEAD engine only)
- Recognize a variety of documents, including facsimiles, photocopies, and documents having complex layouts
- Save the document in any of several output document formats including PDF, MS Word, as well as regular text
- Correct noise, darkness, and lightness to achieve the best possible character recognition
- Use artificial intelligence to improve recognition on documents of the same type.
- Segment complex pages (manually or automatically) into text, image, and table recognition zones.
Use powerful zone recognition tools which can perform the following tasks:
- Recognize an entire page as one zone
- Manually specify and recognize multiple zones within each page
- Perform automatic area segmentation when creating multi-layered zones and recognizing areas such as tables, rulers, images, and text
- Specify multiple, specialized options for each zone; including OMR, MRZ, and MICR zones
- Display document pages with or without their zones
- Import zones from and export zones to files
- Recognize text and colors within tables
- Recognize text from 5 to 72 points in any typeface
- Recognize multiple languages within one document
- Recognize and export text, choosing from a variety of text, word processing, database, or spreadsheet file formats
- Process documents in two-page mode for open-faced books and magazines
Does your application require document recognition or conversion, but its implementation language is preventing you
from using LEADTOOLS directly? Consider using the LEADTOOLS Cloud Services instead. The LEADTOOLS Cloud Services is a
high-powered and scalable Web API. Its hassle-free interface can be used to integrate advanced OCR, barcode, MICR,
and document conversion into any application.