Media Foundation Playback
The LEADTOOLS Media Foundation product line incorporates Media Foundation playback functionality into a DLL API making it easy to use in non-C compilers that support them.
For full details on LEADTOOLS MediaFoundation Playback functions, refer to the functions in the IltmfPlay interface.
Media Foundation Playback functionality includes:
- Save still bitmaps with control over format and quality.
- Ability to play all formats supported by Media Foundation.
- Use a preferred media source handler for certain media types.
- Select devices for playback. For example, select the sound card, if multiple sound cards are installed, to playback audio.
- Mark the start point and end point to play.
- Set infinite loop or a repeat count.
- Get content information such as author, copyright, etc.
- Support for any Media Foundation video and Media Foundation audio processing transforms.
- Support for zooming the video during playback: Fit to window, stretch, 50%, 75%, 100%, 200%, and full screen video options.
- Play streaming music and video from memory.
- Grab the current frame from the screen.
- Control the playback speed (2x, 3x, 4x, 1/2x, 1/3x, 1/4x)
Examples of applications that take advantage of the above functionality:
- Player software for music from a streaming audio hosting service.
- Player software for movies from a streaming video hosting service.
- Player software for streaming audio and video.
- Player software for AVI, MP3, MP4, WMA, etc files.
- Windows media player like applications.
- Video conferencing - when used with capture, playback the samples sent over the network.