The LEADTOOLS Multimedia product line incorporates DirectShow playback functionality into COM objects, making it easy to use in non-C compilers that support them.
For full details on LEADTOOLS Multimedia Playback properties, methods and events, refer to the PlayCtrl Object under Multimedia Objects.
The DVDSource Object can be used as an alternative to the default DVD Navigator object when playing DVDs.
Multimedia Playback functionality includes:
- Save still bitmaps with control over format and quality.
- Save player settings to files and streams - settings include processors, flags and controls.
- Support for DVD navigation.
- Use a preferred MPEG2 splitter when playing MPEG2 files.
- Use a preferred Video Decompressor, Audio Decompressor and Demultiplexer.
- Choose the place where the still images are captured from.
- Play all formats supported by DirectShow.
- Select devices for playback. For example, select the sound card, if multiple sound cards are installed, to playback audio.
- Have playback Time-based, frame-based or synchronized with a track bar positioning.
- Read and seek DV timecode data.
- Mark the start point and end point to play.
- Set an infinite loop or a repeat count.
- Get content information such as author, copyright, etc.
- Support any DirectShow video and DirectShow audio processing filters.
- Support zooming the video during playback: Fit to window, stretch, 50 percent, 75 percent, 100 percent, 200 percent, and full screen video options.
- Play streaming music and video from memory.
- Grab the current frame from the screen.
- Control the playback speed (2x, 3x, 4x, 1/2x, 1/3x, 1/4x)
Examples of applications that take advantage of the above functionality: