The Document Viewer uses LEADTOOLS Raster and Documents support, Caching, SVG, OCR, Annotations and Image Viewer technologies to allow creating applications that can view, edit and modify any type of document on the desktop or web with minimal amount of code.
Support any type of document. The input document is handled by the LEADTOOLS Documents Library which provides a uniform set of programming tools for loading and parsing raster and SVG images, annotations, thumbnails, text data, metadata and bookmarks from supported document types. These include but not limited to:
- Adobe Acrobat PDF and PDF/A
- Microsoft Office DOC/DOCX, XLS/XLSX and PPT/PPTX
- CAD formats such as DXF, DWG and DWF
- TIFF, JPEG, PNG, EXIF, BMP and hundreds more raster image formats
- Plain Text and RTF
- Export the document to any other format. The viewer can be integrated with LEADTOOLS Documents Converter to convert any type of document to another with minimal amount of code.
- Support for large documents with any number of pages. The viewer uses background threads to load, view and discard pages on demand to increase performance and preserve system resources. This is performed using caching and virtualization to provide smooth user interface experience when viewing large documents.
- SVG and Raster viewing. Support SVG viewing for any type of document format to provide unlimited and fast smooth zooming without pixelization of text and vector shapes.
- Annotations and markup support. Read and write annotation objects embedded in documents or from external sources. These include drawing and collaboration text review objects.
- Free text search. Uses OCR and SVG technologies to parse text from any type document to support text search and extraction.
- Rich user interface. Support for mouse and touch devices for panning, zooming, magnify glass, annotations editing, text selection and hyper-linking.
- Document bookmarks and table of content support.
- Easy to use and extensible commands and operations programming interface.