LEADTOOLS Image Processing includes over 200 functions, some of which are typically found only in high performance end-user programs such as Adobe PhotoShop®. The image processing functions are separated into four categories: Transforms, Filters, Color Conversion and Drawing. Additionally, LEADTOOLS image processing functions support region of interest, allowing only a particular region of an image to be processed.
Change the appearance of the image in a bitmap
- Define the bitmap as a display surface where you can use Windows graphics device interface (GDI) functions for drawing or adding text.
- Automatically straighten (deskew) a 1-bit image.
- Remove specks (despeckle) a 1-bit image.
- Automatically trim a bitmap to remove blank space around the edges.
- Rotate the image. (Angles can be precise to 100th of a degree.)
- Do fast rotation in 90-degree increments.
- Rotate JPEG or CMP compressed images in 90 degree increments or flip them without loss of quality.
- Shear the image in the fashion of a parallelogram. (Angles are precise to 100th of a degree.)
- Change the orientation by flipping the image horizontally or vertically.
Adjust colors and intensities
- Change brightness using a flat scale.
- Change brightness using gamma correction.
- Change contrast using a flat scale.
- Change contrast using a multi-scale.
- Stretch the range of intensities.
- Remap intensities using a lookup table.
- Create look up tables based on points on a curve or a mathematical function.
- Invert colors.
- Change hue of the entire image or just a range of colors.
- Change saturation.
- Histogram equalize and histogram contrast.
- Fill with a specified color.
- Get and put colors of individual pixels.
- Color balancing.
- Load CMYK TIFF files and keep the data in memory as CMYK.
- Halftone for display or printing.
- Sharpen or blur.
- Posterize, specifying the number of color planes.
- Mosaic, specifying the tile size.
- Emboss, specifying the lighting direction.
- Soften an image using an average filter.
- Reduce noise using a median or Gaussian filter.
- Add noise in any or all color planes.
- Picturize with a list of images or a single image.
- Detect ranges of intensity.
- Detect ranges of colors using different color spaces.
- Detect edges using gradient or Laplacian edge detection.
- Detect lines using Sobel, Prewitt, shift and difference, or line segment detection.
- Apply morphological (binary) filters to erode or dilate black objects*.
- Implement your own spatial filters.
- Combine images using boolean and arithmetic operators, and color masking. (This is useful for combining filtered images with originals.)
- Combine two images so that one appears to be an underlying texture of the other.
- Combine multiple images to create a new image that resembles the current image.
- Combine a list of images to find the average difference between the images.
- Redeye removal.
- Anti-alias the image.*
- Apply a sepia or "old photo" look to the image.
- Apply an oil-painting effect.
- Apply a solarization effect.
- Apply Fourier Transforms to images.
- Apply 3D effects: Tunnel, plane, plane bend, etc.
- Apply many other effects including: Swirl, Ripple, Radial Blur, Impressionist, Wave, Shear, Remove Redeye, Cubism, Glow, Age, etc.
Use medical imaging processing functions
- Create Kaufmann regions. The created regions can be used to determine the Kaufmann ratio, which is the size of the corpus callosum divided by the size of the brain sphere.
- Extract the individual slices from a radiographic scanned film.
Apply image optimization
- an image buffer in memory
- an entire directory of images, saving the optimized images to another directory
Optimize the following formats using the Image Optimizer functions:
- JPEG File (FILE_JPEG).
- JPEG 411 File (FILE_JPEG_411).
- JPEG 422 File (FILE_JPEG_422).
- EXIF JPEG 4:1:1 File (FILE_EXIF_JPEG_411).
- EXIF JPEG 4:2:2 File (FILE_EXIF_JPEG_422).
- GIF File (FILE_GIF).
- PNG File (FILE_PNG).
- BMP Without RLE Compression File (FILE_BMP).
- BMP With RLE Compression File (FILE_BMP_RLE).
Use low-level functions to change parts of an image
- Get and put rows of image data.
- Get and put parts of rows.
- Get and put the colors of individual pixels.
- Process a region within a bitmap
Getting Started (Guide to Example Programs)
Applying Artistic Effects
Detecting and Enhancing Edges and Lines
Implementing Special Effects
LEADTOOLS Image Processing
Leadtools.ImageProcessing.SpecialEffects Assembly Changes