The LEADTOOLS Medical Image Viewer Control C API allows the incorporation of Image Viewer Control functions into developed applications. It provides support for displaying one or more images and for the real-time manipulation of one or more images.
This C API is a high-level component for building medical display applications such as DICOM viewers, view stations, Teleradiology solutions, and high-end diagnostic workstations found in radiology and other medical specialty departments. When building a PACS for radiology, cardiology, mammography, ophthalmology, pathology, dermatology, dentistry or any other specialty, this control will eliminate project complexity and provide a solid, reliable foundation for the PACS application.
Typical applications that can be built using this control include:
- High-end medical diagnostic workstations.
- Medical review and quality assurance stations.
- DICOM viewers.
- Light-weight viewers typically distributed on CDs with patient studies/series.
- Web-based medical viewers.
- Display medical grayscale and colored images, including MRI, CT, Digital X-Ray, Ultrasound, Monochrome1, and Monochrome2 images.
- Adjust the screen layout either manually or programmatically. For example, you can display two different image series side-by-side, each having a different scaling factor.
- Display overlay information on images, with full control over the display text and its positioning inside each window. Includes built-in overlays such as window center and window width values, as well as field of view.
- Control a display container's properties, such as its colors, cursors, window leveling, unit of measure, and rulers.
Use built-in image manipulation tools to perform different actions, as follows:
- Window leveling (adjusting brightness and contrast).
- Panning or moving an image.
- Magnifying an image.
- Stacking or moving from one image to another in a series using single key or single click actions.
- Rotating image perspective
Use the following built-in drawing tools:
- Annotation tools: Arrow, Text, Rectangle, Ellipse, Ruler, Highlight, Angle. The ruler scales to the image's DPI and zoom or scale factor.
- Region tools: Rectangle, Square, Ellipse, Circle, Polygon, Free hand, Magic wand, Color range, Nudge tool, Shrink tool.
Adjust the following settings for each tool:
- Mouse button controls
- Keyboard (hotkey) controls
- Cursor display icons
Apply effects, as follows:
- Apply effects to a single image, or to all images in the series
- Apply effects to a single series or to all series managed by the control
- Apply effects programmatically or through user interaction.
- Assign a single action to multiple buttons.
- Repaint the image more quickly by using the Low memory capability.
- Display animations.
- Use interpolated image display for higher quality.
- Maintain compatibility with older 8-bit image displays.
- Remove image regions.
- Print cells.
- Scale cells.
- Use different image modes (fit a cells image to its cell height or cell width). - Perform photometric interpretation.
Programming with LEADTOOLS Medical Image Viewer
Summary of All Supported Image File Formats
LEADTOOLS Support Forums