Changes from Version 16.0 to Version 16.5
Version 16.5 has changed from Version 16.0 as follows:
New supported formats for Capture, Convert, and Play:
- DVR file types (.LBL, .LRC)
Updated documentation for LEAD H.263 Encoder to explain how the ITU-T Recommendation H.263 options (Annexes) are enabled or disabled.
- Updated documentation to describe which profiles LEAD H264 support.
- Updated example paths in documentation.
- Updated demos.
Filters, Codecs, and Multiplexer /Demultiplexers:
- LEAD Network Source filter will now handle more than 2GB of data.
- LEAD Network Demultiplexer filter will now handle more than 2GB of data.
- LEAD H.264 Decoder now will give the ability to automatically recover when corrupt video data causes frozen playback.
- LEAD MPEG2 Encoder can now easily create 1080 and 720 HDTV video.
- LEAD MPEG2 Transport UDP Source filter will now connect to the File Writer, allowing you to convert a UDP stream straight to disk without remultiplexing.
- LEAD MPEG2 Transport UDP Source filter now has built-in DVR functionality allowing you to pause and rewind a live UDP stream.
- LEAD MPEG2 Transport UDP Source filter now offers DVR Source and DVR Sink functionalities.
- LEAD MPEG2 Transport Demultiplexer will now seek when you play a UDP stream.
- LEAD MPEG2 Transport Demultiplexer now supports demux callback in Convert.
- LEAD MPEG2 Transport now has the ability to seek in byte mode (provides more control over seeking), useful for seeking in files with bad timestamps.
- LEAD MPEG2 Transport will now allow seeking in files with incorrect timestamps (previously, seeking was disabled for these files).
- LEAD MPEG2 Transport Demultiplexer now will automatically jump ahead (AutoLive) if it drifts behind the live stream. This is very useful in situations where you want to always be watching a live stream.
- LEAD Windows Media Reader will now allow you to play Windows Media files from a URL under Vista.
- LEAD DICOM Writer now has the ability to create DICOM MPEG2 HD files.
- LEAD DICOM Reader now has the ability to play DICOM MPEG2 HD files.
- Filter Graph construction is faster when performing playback or conversion from UDP streams.
- DVD conversion support has been improved.
- New DVRSource interface.
- Ability to configure DVR Buffer storage folders and files using the new DVRSink interface.
- The capture module now has support for Dazzle DVD and more Hauppauge WinTV cards.
- Capture can now capture files larger than 4GB.
- Added the ability to register 3rd party filters in Video and Audio processors collections.
This release adds or updates the following demos:
- DVR demos. (C++, VB, C#, VB.NET)
- MPEG2 Transport demos. (C++, VB, C#, VB.NET)
- Conversions for mobile devices demo. (C, C++, VB, C#, VB.NET)
- H264 Transcoder demo. (C, C++, VB, C#, VB.NET)