The LEADTOOLS Multimedia product line incorporates Media Foundation playback functionality into COM objects, making it easy to use in non-C compilers that support them.
Multimedia Playback functionality includes:
- Save still bitmaps with control over format and quality.
- Play all formats supported by Media Foundation.
- Use a preferred media source handler for certain media types.
- Select devices for playback. For example, if multiple sound cards are installed, select one to play back the audio.
- Set playback so it is time-based, frame-based or synchronized with track bar positioning.
- Mark the starting point and the ending point for play.
- Set an infinite loop or a repeat count.
- Get content information such as author, copyright, etc.
- Support any Media Foundation video and Media Foundation audio processing transforms.
- Support zooming the video during playback: Fit to window, stretch, 50 percent, 75 percent, 100 percent, 200 percent, and full screen video options.
- Play streaming music and video from memory.
- Grab the current frame from the screen.
- Control the playback speed (2x, 3x, 4x, 1/2x, 1/3x, 1/4x)
Examples of applications that take advantage of the above functionality:
- Player software for music from a streaming audio hosting service.
- Player software for movies from a streaming video hosting service.
- Player software for streaming audio and video.
- Player software for AVI, MP3, MPEG, ASF, WMA, etc. files.
- Windows media player-like applications.
- Video conferencing - when used with capture, playback the samples sent over the network.