The LEADTOOLS Multimedia product line incorporates DirectShow capture operations.
For full details on LEADTOOLS Multimedia Capture properties, methods and events, refer to the CaptureCtrl Object.
Multimedia Capture functionality includes:
- Support for WDM, native DirectShow including DV, and Video for Windows capture devices.
- Programmatically select the capture devices to use.
- Compress Audio streams and Video streams while capturing.
- Output compressed and uncompressed AVI, Windows Media content, OGG, DVSD OGG, WAVE, MPEG1Audio (MP3), MPEG1 System, MPEG2 Program, DVD, and Network formats.
- Control the interleaving mode when writing AVI files.
- Control cameras (Brightness, Contrast, Zoom, Pan, etc.).
- Editing mode: Change capturing configuration without rebuilding the graph - speeds up graph modification.
- Save still bitmaps with control over format and quality.
- Save capture settings to files and streams. Settings include processors, compressors, devices, and controls.
- Support for built-in audio sources in video devices.
- Incoming video signal adjustment using the VideoProcAmp interface properties - Brightness, Contrast, Gamma, Hue, etc.
- Support for analog video capture devices configuration.
- Capture directly to a file or save images individually to memory.
- Flicker-free video and audio preview during capture.
- Video preview supports zooming: (Fit to window, stretch, 50 percent, 75 percent, 100 percent, 200 percent, and full screen)
- Use the audio source built into the video device or a different audio source.
- Support for closed captioning.
- Full support for TV tuners.
- Programmatically change channels.
- Programmatically change the video input sources including the TV Tuner, S-Video or composite video.
- Support for multiple built-in configuration dialog boxes.
- Obtain statistics during capture.
- Support for video and audio processing DirectShow or DirectX filters.
Multiple capture modes:
- Streaming video and audio.
- Automatically triggered video frame sequences with or without audio.
- Manually triggered video frame sequences with or without audio.
- Still images.
- Inhibit Run.
- Built-in dialogs allow you to easily configure the capture devices. LEADTOOLS can display TV Tuner, crossbars and video capture pins and audio capture properties all in one dialog.
- Support for capturing live streaming video and audio from memory for all of your streaming video and audio needs.
Capture preview supports three kinds of preview images:
- As images come from the capture card, but before any video processors or compressors are applied.
- After the video processors have been applied, but before the compressor is applied.
- After the video processors and compressors are applied.
- Built-in support for generic multiplexer and renderers. LEADTOOLS Multimedia can create MPEG files, if MPEG video and audio encoders and an MPEG multiplexer are available on the computer.
- Create DV AVI files with the use of a DV multiplexer.
- Capture audio from DV devices and the audio and video data is not split (unless specified), resulting in faster capture and fewer dropped frames.
- Put data into a DV device: Download the video from a DV device, cut out unwanted pieces and put the good portion back into the DV device.
- Control DV tape functions such as play, pause, rewind, fast forward and record programmatically.
- Read and seek DV devices based on timecode information.
- Pause during capture.
- Capture a frame from a player.
- Adjust the amount of time sound is buffered during capture to synchronize video and audio previews.
- Display capture device properties without stopping the capture.
- Enumerate and select available capture sizes programmatically during capture.
- Stream from RTSP cameras.
Examples of applications that take advantage of the above functionality:
- Applications to create video and/or audio files.
- Applications that sample, grab and copy streaming audio and video to a file.
- Applications that capture music and video from the Internet.
- Applications that record streaming audio and video clips.
- Software for streaming audio and video hosting servers and sites.
- Software to create feeds from digital video cams for online live video streaming.
- Software to stream music videos.
- Applications to capture video and audio from capturing from interlaced and progressive scanning digital camcorders.
- Software PVR/DVR applications.
- Computer-based video recording applications.
- Security applications: record video when movement is detected. Record audio when a noise is detected.
- ATM video capturing system: start recording when a person approaches the ATM kiosk and stop when the person leaves.
- Video conferencing: grab each compressed video and audio sample and send it across the network medium.