The LEADTOOLS Multimedia product line incorporates Media Foundation capture operations.
For full details on LEADTOOLS Media Foundation Capture properties, methods and events, refer to the Leadtools.MediaFoundation.CaptureCtrl Object.
Media Foundation Capture functionality includes:
- Programmatically select which capture devices to use.
- Compress Audio streams and Video streams while capturing.
- Output compressed and uncompressed MP4, MKV,Windows Media content.
- Change the capturing configuration without rebuilding the graph (this editing mode speeds up graph modification).
- Save still bitmaps, controlling both format and quality.
- Support built-in audio sources in video devices.
- Support analog video capture devices configuration.
- Capture directly to a file or save images individually to memory.
- Preview video flicker-free during capture.
- Zoom a video while previewing it (Fit to window, stretch, 50 percent, 75 percent, 100 percent, 200 percent, and full screen)
- Use the audio source built into the video device or a different audio source.
- Support for TV tuners.
- Programmatically change channels.
- Programmatically change the video input sources (TV Tuner, S-Video or composite video).
- Support multiple built-in configuration dialog boxes.
- Obtain statistics during capture.
- Support video and audio processing Media Foundation filters (transforms).
Types of capture:
- Streaming video and audio.
- Automatically triggered video frame sequences with or without audio.
- Manually triggered video frame sequences with or without audio.
- Still images.
- Inhibit Run.
- Easily configure the capture devices using the toolkit's built-in dialogs. LEADTOOLS can display TV Tuner, crossbars and video capture pins and audio capture properties, all in one dialog.
- Capture live streaming video and audio from memory.
- Support generic media sinks and renderers. LEADTOOLS Media foundation can create MPEG files, if MPEG video and audio encoders and an MPEG sink is available on the computer.
- Pause during capture.
- Capture a frame from the player.
- Enumerate and select available capture sizes programmatically during capture.
Examples of applications that take advantage of the above functionality:
- Applications to create video and/or audio files.
- Applications that sample, grab and copy streaming audio and video to a file.
- Applications that capture music and video from the Internet.
- Applications that record streaming audio and video clips.
- Software for streaming audio and video hosting servers and sites.
- Software to create feeds from digital video cams for online live video streaming.
- Software to stream music videos.
- Applications to capture video and audio from capturing from interlaced and progressive scanning digital camcorders.
- Software PVR/DVR applications.
- Computer based video recording applications.
- Security applications: record video when movement is detected. Record audio when a noise is detected.
- ATM video capturing system: start recording when a person approaches the ATM kiosk and stop when the person leaves.
- Video conferencing: grab each compressed video and audio sample and send it across the network medium.