We’ve been hinting at it for a while and the rumors are true: LEADTOOLS Version 18 (A.K.A LEADTOOLS Anywhere) will be released in January of 2013! I’d like to spend the next couple of weeks talking about what you’ll see on the shelves come January.
This week I’m starting simple, and highlighting the changes to the product line. Overall, Version 18 is a slimmer offering in terms of actual products, but there are more features and development interfaces than ever before (which I’ll cover next week)!
Raster Imaging Family
- Imaging Pro SDK
- 1D Barcode Module
- 2D Barcode Module
- Imaging HTML5 Module
All vector imaging technology is now included in Document Imaging and above.
Document Imaging Family
The Document Imaging family saw the most repackaging. Raster PDF Read, Raster PDF Write, Advanced PDF and Virtual Printer modules’ features are now included in Document Imaging. The Plus OCR and ICR Modules have been discontinued, and PDF OCR modules is included with each OCR module.
- Document Imaging SDK
- Recognition Imaging SDK
- Document Imaging Suite SDK
- 1D Barcode Module (included in Recognition Imaging and Document Imaging Suite)
- 2D Barcode Module (included in Recognition Imaging and Document Imaging Suite)
- OCR Advantage Module (included in Recognition Imaging and Document Imaging Suite)
- OCR Professional Module
- Arabic OCR Professional Module
- Asian OCR Professional Module
- ICR Professional Module
- Document HTML5 Module (included in Document Imaging Suite)
Medical Imaging Family
The Medical 3D and CCOW Modules have been discontinued and their features are now included in Medical Imaging and higher.
- Medical Imaging SDK
- PACS Imaging SDK
- Medical Imaging Suite SDK
- Medical Multimedia Module (included in Medical Imaging Suite)
- Medical HTML5 Module (included in Medical Imaging Suite)
- Any Document Imaging Add-on
The DVR Module has been discontinued and its features are available in the MPEG-2 Transport Module or Multimedia Suite SDK.
- Multimedia SDK
- Multimedia Suite SDK
- DVD Module (included in Multimedia Suite)
- Video Streaming Module (included in Multimedia Suite)
- MPEG-2 Transport Module (included in Multimedia Suite)
If you have any questions about these changes, we would love to talk to you about them! Our helpful and knowledgeable sales staff is available via email, phone and chat.
Stay tuned for Parts 2 and 3 where I’ll convey valuable information on the new features and upgrade paths for existing customers.