Media Foundation Capture
The LEADTOOLS Media Foundation product line incorporates MediaFoundation capture operations into DLL API that are easy to use in non-C compilers that support them.
For full details on LEADTOOLS Media Foundation Capture functions, refer to the IltmfCapture Interface topics under Media Foundation Function References
Media Foundation Capture functionality includes:
- Programmatically select the capture devices to use.
- Compress Audio streams and Video streams while capturing.
- Output compressed and uncompressed MP4, Windows Media content,.
- Editing mode: Change capturing configuration without recreating the media session speeds up the session modification.
- Save still bitmaps with control over format and quality.
- Support for built-in audio sources in video devices.
- Support for analog video capture devices configuration.
- Capture directly to a file or save images individually to memory.
- Flicker-free video and audio preview during capture.
- Video preview supports zooming: (Fit to window, stretch, 50%, 75%, 100%, 200%, and full screen)
- Use the audio source built into the video device or a different audio source.
- Full support for TV tuners.
- Programmatically change channels.
- Programmatically change the video input sources including the TV Tuner, S-Video or composite video.
- Support for multiple built-in configuration dialog boxes.
- Obtain statistics during capture.
- Support for video and audio processing Media Foundation filters (transforms).
- Multiple capture modes:
- Streaming video and audio.
- Automatically triggered video frame sequences with or without audio.
- Manually triggered video frame sequences with or without audio.
- Still images.
- Inhibit Run.
- Built-in dialogs allow you to easily configure the capture devices. LEADTOOLS can display TV Tuner, crossbars and video capture pins and audio capture properties all in one dialog.
- Support for capturing live streaming video and audio from memory for all of your streaming video and audio needs.
- Built-in support for generic media sinks and renderers. Media sinks are pipeline objects that combine two or more streams of data. LEADTOOLS Media Foundation can create MPEG files, if MPEG video and audio encoders and an MPEG is available on the computer.
- Pause during capture.
- Capture frame from player.
- Enumerate and select available capture sizes programmatically during capture.
Examples of applications that take advantage of the above functionality:
- Applications to create video and/or audio files.
- Applications that sample, grab and copy streaming audio and video to a file.
- Applications that capture music and video from the Internet.
- Applications that record streaming audio and video clips.
- Software for streaming audio and video hosting servers and sites.
- Software to create feeds from digital video cams for online live video streaming.
- Software to stream music videos.
- Applications to capture video and audio from capturing from interlaced and progressive scanning digital camcorders.
- Software PVR/DVR applications.
- Computer based video recording applications.
- Security applications: record video when movement is detected. Record audio when a noise is detected.
- ATM video capturing system: start recording when a person approaches the ATM kiosk and stop when the person leaves.
- Video conferencing: grab each compressed video and audio sample and send it across the network medium.