The Leadtools.Pdf assembly supports reading, viewing and saving PDF files with advanced capabilities such as extraction of text, hyperlinks, annotations, form field data, digital signatures, bookmarks, and metadata. Developers can take advantage of these properties to create dynamic PDF viewing and editing applications.
PDF Digital Signature:
- Retrieve relevant information from the embedded signature
- Add a digital signature to a PDF document from a PFX file
- Load and save annotations
- Create, edit, delete, add, reply to annotations
- Show and hide all annotations
- Read and Write annotation viewing flags
- Arrow and line
- Distance measurement
- Ink (pencil)
PDF Portfolio/PDF Attachments:
- Extract Portfolio information and properties
- Extract embedded files
- PDF/A -1B Conversion: conversion of PDF documents into ISO compliant PDF/A-1b files.
PDF Document Text and Annotation Deletion:
- Deletion of visible text, graphics and images in a document
- Mark regions for deletion while preserving other document contents
- Password encryption/decryption, 40 & 128 bit RC4 And 256 AES
- Set or modify document security permissions
- Remove encryption for existing PDF documents
PDF Optimizer: allows optimization of
- Image size
- Image compressions
- Font embedding and sub-setting
- Postscript Distiller: convert Postscript files to Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files.
- PDF Bookmarks: create, extract, update, and delete PDF bookmarks.
PDF Document Initial view:
- Define page display mode: Display pages only, or with a Panel (Bookmarks Panel, Pages Panel, or Attachments Panel)
- Default page layout, or a specific layout. (Single page, Continuous, Facing, or Continuous Facing)
- Default magnification, or zoom option. (Fit Page, Fit Width, Fit Height, or a predefined value)
- First view mode
- Resize to the first page, centered on screen, or with Full Screen mode
- Define window title bar (File name or Document title)
- Show or hide the Menu bar, Toolbars, or Window Controls
- PDF File Merging and Extraction of Pages
- Get the PDF version of a file
- Detect whether a PDF file is encrypted
- Re-encrypt any PDF file
- Get the number and size of pages in a PDF file
- Convert any PDF file from any version to another
- Merge multiple existing PDF files into a single PDF file
- Extract, delete, insert or replace pages from existing PDF files
PDF Text and Image Extraction
- Extraction, selection, searching and retrieving of text in PDF documents
- Detection of text links
- Indexing of text to an optimized speed
- Extraction of images embedded within a PDF document and saving into many raster formats
- Extraction of internal links to allow jumping between the pages
- PDF Linearization (Fast Web view): create a linearized PDF. A special format of a PDF file used for faster viewing over the internet. Linearized PDF files contain information that allow a byte-streaming server to download the PDF file one page at a time.
PDF Document Info (METADATA): create, extract and update PDF document metadata. The following information about the PDF document is extracted:
- Creation date
- Modification date
- PDF producer
- PDF version
PDF form fields support: The PDFFormField class provides the following form field support:
- Load Forms Data Format (FDF) files.
- Load XML Forms Architecture (XFA) files.
- Read PDF form field information including location, type, etc.
- Fill in PDF form fields.
- Save PDF forms that have filled-in data.
- Extract the data from filled-in PDF form fields.
Getting Started (Guide to Example Programs)
Leadtools.Pdf Assembly Changes