LEADTOOLS WIA C++ Class Library Introduction
The LEADTOOLS WIA C++ Class Library provides in-depth support for image acquisition from a wide variety of hardware devices through Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
- Control any scanner, digital camera, or streaming video device that has a WIA driver. High-level acquisition support is provided for ease of use. Low-level functionality is also provided for flexibility and control in even the most demanding applications.
- Acquire pages from a specified source.
- Use the default user interface included with the WIA driver.
- Determine the currently selected device type at runtime.
- Enumerate all available WIA devices and enumerate all child items for certain specified parent item.
- Create custom user interface to the driver whether the device were a scanner or a capture camera.
- Ability to control the captured frames and save them directly to hard disk.
- Allows showing the camera preview in any parent window with the option to control the size of the preview inside that parent window.
- Bypass the interface entirely for completely automated tasks or batch scanning.
- Control the type of image acquired (black and white, halftone, grayscale, or color, as supported by the device).
- Control the resolution (dpi), position, size, and orientation of the image to be acquired.
- Use the Automated Document Feeder for single and multipage scans, including duplex scanning.
- Use selection dialogs to select the WIA source, or select among multiple WIA sources programmatically.
- Use memory or file transfer mode when acquiring from a WIA device.
- Flexibly get and set the most common WIA 1.0 and 2.0 properties that the WIA device driver supports: either many properties at one time using a high level function, or individually get/set any supported WIA property using low level functions.
- Use compression support whether in memory or file transfer mode. Scan data can be compressed using JPEG, JBIG, JPEG2K, PNG, RLE, GROUP 3, or GROUP 4 compression.
- Work in either the Win32 or the x64 version of Windows using either WIA 1.0 or WIA 2.0. The LEADTOOLS WIA C++ Class Library supports both versions of WIA on both platforms.
- Support multi-threading. For more information, refer to Using Multiple Threads in a WIA Application and Communicating with a WIA Device in Multiple Threads or Applications topics in the Microsoft Windows SDK Documentation.
Class Library Overview
Programming with LEADTOOLS WIA Functions
Example Programs and Demos
LEADTOOLS WIA C++ Class Library Changes