LEADTOOLS provides fast, highly accurate, and reliable Code 128 detection, reading, and writing support for .NET (C# & VB), C/C++, WinRT, iOS, macOS, Java, and web developers. LEADTOOLS award-winning libraries help programmers create amazing, applications in record time that feature Code 128 barcode support.
The Code 128 symbol is a very high-density linear barcode used in a wide variety of shipping and packaging industries around the world. Code 128 is able to encode all 128 ASCII characters through the use of multiple character code sets and special command codes.
Overview of LEADTOOLS Code 128 Barcode SDK Technology
- Supports all character subsets A, B, and C (double-density)
- Subset switching compression mechanism allows representation of large amounts of data in smaller barcodes
- Options to create and write a barcode that fits perfectly in your application
Code 128 Character Sets
By utilizing three characters sets, Code 128 is able to encode all 128 ASCII characters in a compact linear barcode. Special control characters allow for switching between character sets.
- Character Set A includes all of the standard upper case alphanumeric keyboard characters, plus ASCII control characters and special characters.
- Character Set B also contains all the standard upper and lower case alphanumeric keyboard characters and special characters.
- Character Set C, also known as double-density mode, is composed of 100 pairs of digits and special characters. This enables numeric-only data to be represented with twice the density.
LEADTOOLS Code 128 Encoded Data Structures
GS1-128, also known as UCC/EAN-128, UCC-128 and EAN-128, is a specialized, self-describing data structure conveyed as a Code 128 symbol. This means that not only does the Code 128 symbol store the data, but also stores what the data represents and how it should be formatted. This is done with the use of "Application Identifiers" defined in the EAN-128 standard.
UCC/EAN-14 is a specialized data structure usually consisting of 13 alphanumeric characters and a check digit. EAN-14 symbols have a similar application usage as compared to the EAN-13 symbol.
SISAC is a specialized data structure represented as a Code 128 symbol. The data structure that is stored is a SISAC encoded Serial Item and Contribution Identifier and is used to represent periodical items such as magazines.