The Leadtools.Document.Writer assembly provides programming tools for creating popular multipage and searchable documents such as Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word and HTML from Scalable Vector Objects (SVG), standard Windows Enhanced Meta File (EMF) and raster image objects.
- Support for PDF/A, a subset of PDF obtained by leaving out PDF features not suited to long-term archiving. The document will look identical to the original when viewed. Saving with the PDF/A document type may result in larger output file sizes.
- Additional options for the various flavors of the output documents supported, such as adding page numbers and breaks to text files and frames (text box objects) in DOC/DOCX files.
- Support provided to monitor the document creation operation through a progress event. Your application can provide a visual feedback using a progress bar and a cancel button for the user to allow both monitoring and cancellation of the current operation.
Supported Document Formats
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). With support for PDF/A and optional image over text overlays. The PDF document support requires unlocking an extra key before it can be used. For more information, refer to Unlocking Special LEAD Features
- Microsoft Word document format (DOCX and DOC)
- Microsoft Excel document format (XLS)
- Microsoft Open XML Paper Specification (XPS)
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- ePUB open e-book standard
- MOBI e-book format
- ALTO XML (Library of Congress OCR text and layout information). Part of METS standard
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- Text (ANSI, UTF8 and UTF16)
- Windows Enhanced Metafile format (EMF)
- LEADTOOLS Temporary Document (LTD). This format creates a temporary file on disk that can later be converted to any of the other formats supported by the LEADTOOLS Document Writers. This format is intended to be used when creating a document with large amount of pages over multiple sessions (for example, in a server-based scenario)
Getting Started (Guide to Example Programs)
Programming with LEADTOOLS Document Writers
Leadtools.Document.Writer Assembly Changes