Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 12:47:25 AM(UTC)

Pung  
Pung

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I just want to know if LEADTOOLS can fully support the project that I made with visualization toolkit library.
The project description is as follow:
Four view ports are provided; three ports for MPR images (axial, sagittal, coronal), one port for 3D volume.
A 3D cube is created in the volume space. Then, the cube is cut by three planes that generated MPR images, resulting in three cross sections.
These cross sections are drawn in the MPR images, and can be moved by user's interaction (mouse drag after left click).
The cube also moves to the direction where the cross section moves, and finally the MPR images are updated according to the center of the cube.
The purpose of this cube is to provide a region of interest (RoI) to find a certain object (circle) through image processing (blurring, canny edge detection, fitting a circle, drawing a circle)
During moving the cube by user's interaction, the image processing is performed in real time.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Pung.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 8:07:53 AM(UTC)
Christopher

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

From the description that you have provided, this does absolutely sound supported by the LEADTOOLS SDK.
(the follow screenshots are from the LEAD 3D Medical Viewer demo included with our installation package)

The LEADTOOLS 3D Medical Imaging Technology allows you to load a DICOMdir and renders a 3D image of the DICOM stack.
As you can see from the 3D Medical Demo that we provide with the free 60-day trial evaluation of the LEADTOOLS v21 SDK, the image renders in the same block format that you referenced.

3DImage.png

Once the 3D image is created you can:
>> GoTo >> View >> Show MPR windows
This will display the Axial, Sagittal, and Coronal windows along side the rendered 3D object cell.

3DMPR.jpg

For showing the cut planes through the navigable 3D image, make sure the cell is selected, then:
>> GoTo >> Cell Type >> MPR
This will allow you to select the Axial, Sagittal, and Coronal windows and scroll through the images from each view and be reflected in the Primary 3D rendered object.

MPRview.jpg

As for the Image Processing commands that you are looking to implement.
The LEADTOOLS SDK has many commands and adjustable imaging options that you can add to your application.
Depending on the kinds of annotation markups and image processing features you would like to include in your project, many of these can be found here:
Introduction to Image Processing With LEADTOOLS
Working with DICOM Annotations
Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Core Namespace

Additional Links of Interest
3D Overview
Programming with LEADTOOLS Medical 3D
Programming with MPR
Simple 3D Viewer with MPR - Forum post

Chris Thompson
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo

#3 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 8:42:20 PM(UTC)

Pung  
Pung

Thank you for the reply.
I already saw the demo, but I couldn't find all functions what I need.
In the demo, the red-colored cube in the first figure you provided is made from the DICOM stack.
Is there a way to access the cube?
I also wondering if I can create the cube without loading the DICOM stack.
If not, is it possible to render and adjust user'data (generated from other libs) in medical viewer?

Another question is how to control the cross-hair properties.
In the demo, I can only control the cross-hair's pre-defind color and its visibility,
but I want to adjust its transparency, color, width, geomtric information, and so on.
Can I access and adjust them?

Pung.

#4 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 9:25:12 PM(UTC)

Pung  
Pung

I'm attaching the figure below to clearly convey what I want to do with LEADTOOLS,

File Attachment(s):
Img.png (406kb) downloaded 19 time(s).

As you can see the figure, a 3D cube is created in the 3D volume space (left figure).
Then, this cube is cut by the axial plane, resulting in a cross-section (middle figure).
When a user moves the cross-section, the other images (sagittal, coronal image) are updated (right figure).

Pung.

#5 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 11:49:41 AM(UTC)
Christopher

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

The 3D rendering engine does require that you have a DICOMdir.
This is used by the engine to build and display the images in a 3D model efficiently.

We do provide a demo with the LEADTOOLS v21 installation that can create a DICOMdir from an existing DICOM stack.

the precompiled demo can be found here:
C:\LEADTOOLS21\Shortcuts\DICOM\.NET Framework Class Libraries\DICOMDIR\DICOM Directory 64-bit.lnk
the source code for that demo can be found here:
C:\LEADTOOLS21\Examples\DotNet\CS\DicomDirectoryDemo

The minimum number of files to render a 3D image is 3, but the more images in the stack, the more accurate the rendered image will be in most cases.

Since LEAD is an SDK (Software Development Kit), our demos are primarily used for showcasing features and functionality that are capable with the LEAD libraries. While many of them are close enough in many ways to being end user ready, the specific functionality that you are looking into, will be across multiple demos and require combining them during the development phase.

Yes, the red box showing the boundaries of the 3D image can be manipulated.
You can choose to rotate and pan the image by:
>> GoTo >> Actions >> Rotate or Pan
The position of the cube is reflected in the smaller cube in the lower right.
The faces indicate the position being viewed at any given time.

rotate.jpg

Once the MPR View has been enabled - the changes made in the Axial, Sagittal, and Coronal medical viewer cells are immediately reflected in real time in the 3D rendered object.
This allows you to see exactly where you are viewing each of the planes within the 3D model.

It is difficult to illustrate this movement through images, so I would recommend taking a look at our video of the 3D Medical Demo.
What you are describing sounds exactly like what is being done in the 3D viewer.

The LEAD SDK provides many low level options.
For altering the color of the intersection lines, please see the links provided below.

Additional Links of Interest
Creating DICOM Directories
How To: Create a simple DICOMdir
Intersection Line Color
3D Medical Control Class
Chris Thompson
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo
thanks 1 user thanked Christopher for this useful post.
Pung on 4/11/2021(UTC)