Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:59:59 PM(UTC)

Gutta  
Gutta

Groups: Registered

We have purchased Lead main Control 14.0 and were using it in vb6 applications to crop/compress images. When trying to use the active in vb.net, it works on the developer machine but throws a "Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {00140000-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040112 Class is not licensed for use (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040112)." error.

It fails on the initialization of the control using

Dim Lead1 As New LEADLib.LEAD

Can we make the version 14 main lead control work in vb.net? We do not use any license information in the vb6 programs. Does it work differently between vb6 and vb.net platforms? What can we do to make it functional in vb.net application.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:23:58 AM(UTC)
Anthony Northrup

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 28 post(s)

Hello,

I sent this information to you via email, but I'll post again here in case you missed it. You'll need to call the UnlockSupport method using your various unlock keys:
https://www.leadtools.com/help/leadtools/v14/maincom/ocx_ref5/unlocksupportmethod.htm

If the error is occurring during instantiation of the object (which most likely makes calling the UnlockSupport method unusable), you can follow the remark from the link above. I'll copy it here for reference:
Quote:
Note: UnlockSupport can be replaced by entering the appropriate keys in LTOCX14.LIC. Edit the LTOCX14.LIC file and append at the end of a line, and on the same line, one or more pairs in the form |L_SUPPORT_xxx=key. For a list of the keys that can be specified, refer to the iType parameter for this method.
For example, if you wanted to unlock DOCUMENT and OCR support, you would include the following at the end of a line:
|L_SUPPORT_DOCUMENT=dockey|L_SUPPORT_OCR=ocrkey

By using the LIC file as described above, this should unlock the control without the need for calling UnlockSupport.

If you are still having issues with this, it would be helpful if you could provide me a sample application for testing (along with your unlock codes). You can send it as a reply to the email you've sent previously.

Thanks,
Anthony Northrup
Developer Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.

LEAD Logo