Developers can load, save, and convert Portable Network Graphics (PNG) images in .NET (C# & VB), C/C++, WinRT, iOS, OS X, Java, and web applications. All LEADTOOLS SDK products include full PNG format support. Though natively supported on many platforms, LEADTOOLS achieves superior compression ratios and is able to more accurately decode corrupted PNG files.
Overview of LEADTOOLS PNG Format SDK Technology
Originally developed as a royalty-free replacement to the LZW compressed GIF format, PNG has become one of the most popular web formats because of its flexible features.
- Load, save, convert, and compress PNG files
- Full support for various bit-depths: 1, 4, 8, 16, 24, 32, 48, and 64-bits per pixel
- Lossless image compression
- View and edit alpha channel transparency information
- Progressive (multi-pass) read and write
- Native 32 and 64-bit binaries for the PNG format
- Add PNG format support to single and multithreaded applications
MNG File Format
MNG (Multiple-image Network Graphics) is a flavor of PNG that is similar to animated GIF. It is an extension to PNG, but has a more complex file structure and signature. Primary uses of MNG include:
- Multiple pages
- Slide shows
- Complex still frames