LEADTOOLS Advantage OCR engine extend the functionality of LEADTOOLS SDKs by providing properties, methods, and callbacks for easily incorporating optical and magnetic ink character recognition (OCR / MICR) into your applications. Superior OCR processing speeds are exceptionally useful in form recognition and processing applications.
Features include preset confidence and accuracy levels, artificial intelligence, and built-in and user-defined lexicons for limiting the type of text to recognize within a particular zone. The OCR engines can perform automatic area segmentation to create multi-layered zones for recognition of areas such as tables, images and text.
Recognized text can be exported to more than 40 different formats, including MS Word, MS Excel and PDF and more.
- Recognize a variety of documents, including facsimiles, photocopies and documents with complex layouts.
- Select the language to be recognized, and recognize multiple languages within one document. Choose from English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, or Swedish.
- Recognize text from 5 to 72 points in virtually any typeface, and export to more than 40 different text, MS Word, MS Excel and PDF and more.
- Recognize special characters, such as MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition), including bank routing indicators, check amounts, and customer account numbers.
- PDF and PDF/A output, ICR and OMR support is also available.
- Recognize multiple document pages at once and save recognition result to a single file.
- Add page(s) to internal OCR list of pages or add them directly on temporary LTD file on disk to save you system memory (which is the recommended approach).
- Process both text and graphics.
- Each document may contain multiple OCR zones.
- Segment complex pages manually or automatically into text zones, image zones and table zones.
- Recognize text and colors.
- Auto-orientate documents for improved recognition.
- Correct document characteristics such as noise, darkness, lightness to achieve the best possible character recognition.
- Increase recognition accuracy with built-in lexical classes and user-defined lexicons (dictionaries).
- Set desired accuracy (confidence) thresholds prior to recognition to balance speed and accuracy of recognition.
The toolkit comes in Win32 and x64 editions that can support development of software applications for any of the following environments:
For more information, refer to:
Programming with LEADTOOLS OCR Advantage