Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 9:39:15 AM(UTC)

thummel  
thummel

Groups: Registered

My company has a retailer that wants to mix multiple C128 encodings. They want to print a 15 digit C128 barcode where the first 14 digits are printed using ‘C’ encoding and the 15th digit is printed using ‘B’ encoding. Is there a way we can do this with the LeadTools API?

Can we embed ‘CodeB Select’, ‘CodeC Select’, ‘CodeA Select’, ‘FNC’ etc. into the data that we pass to LeadTools?

Thanks.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:05:44 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

I don't know if encoding in this way is possible in general and produces a valid barcode. If it is, our toolkit does not support producing such 'mixed' barcodes where you can control individual digit encoding.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:45:14 AM(UTC)

thummel  
thummel

This is what the retailer sent me...

Subtypes
Code 128 includes 107 symbols: 103 data symbols, 3 start codes, and 1 stop code. To represent all 128 ASCII values, there are three code sets (A, B, C), which can be mixed within a single barcode (by using codes 98 and 99 in code sets A and B, 100 in code sets A and C and 101 in code sets B and C to switch between them):
• 128A (Code Set A) - ASCII characters 00 to 95 (0-9, A-Z and control codes), special characters, and FNC 1-4
• 128B (Code Set B) - ASCII characters 32 to 127 (0-9, A-Z, a-z), special characters, and FNC 1-4
• 128C (Code Set C) - 00-99 (encodes each two digits with one code) and FNC1

So it sounds like Leadtools does not support this and it would have to be a new feature request?

#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:28:36 AM(UTC)

Daoud  
Daoud

I got new information about this.

In our SDK, the switching between code sets is handled automatically.
This means if you specify the Auto option for Code128 Barcode Table Encoding, the written barcode can contain codes from one or more encoding tables (A, B and C).
You can limit it to one of the 3 tables if you don't want the automatic mixing.

In short, if you supply a string that needs 2 or more code sets, our toolkit will produce a correct Code128 Barcode that contains all the needed symbols, without your having to worry about the switching, because it's done automatically.

If your application does not work with the automatic setting and you must have lower-level control, please send an email to support@leadtools.com and include your toolkit serial number and I'll see if we can submit a feature request for it.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:06:51 AM(UTC)

thummel  
thummel

Perfect! With the auto-encoding option selected, it worked as expected. I tried ”123456789012345” and the first fourteen digits were printed with “C” encoding and the last digit with “B”

Thanks for your help!