Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2012 12:46:04 AM(UTC)
lokomotiv

Groups: Registered

For our new software we're looking to add a video conferencing feature. I'm planning to use the LeadTools multimedia components for capturing and compressing the voice and video of each client, however I'm trying to architect a different service functionality (which will connect the clients) to that of the LeadTools video conferencing sample. Each client can connect to my WCF service where they can send their voice and viceo streams to everybody else. My service will be such that it will accept byte[] array inputs. So I was wondering whether its possible to capture the output of the CaptureCtrl as a Stream object (so I can make it a byte buffer)? I've noticed that the CaptureCtrl has a 'TargetStream' property which by the sound of it can give its output to a Stream/MemoryStream and the 'PlayCtrl' has a 'SourceStream' property which I can presumably set to the 'TargetStream' of the 'CaptureCtrl' however I'm having trouble building a smaple from it.

I've tried to do use the Target and Source stream of the Capture and Play controls on the VideoConferencing demo like this:

MemoryStream stream2x;
private void _menuItemServerStart_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
streamx = new MemoryStream(new byte[10]);
_captureCtrl.TargetStream = streamx;

}

private void playCapturedStream_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

playCtrl.AllowedStreams = StreamFormatType.AudioVideoCC;
playCtrl1.SourceStream = streamx;
playCtrl1.Run();

}

But I keep getting a:
COMException was unhandled, LTMM Error: No combination of filters could be found to render the stream.

Any ideas on how to get the output of the 'CaptureCtrl' as Stream and also make the source of a 'PlayCtrl' also a Stream?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2012 11:58:48 AM(UTC)
lokomotiv

Groups: Registered

so any ideas guys? is there a sample floating around that does this? A PlayCtrl that has a SourceStream which is the output (TargetStream) of a CaptureCtrl? Is this possible anyway?

#3 Posted : Saturday, May 5, 2012 11:15:08 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

You can create video conferencing application by using one of the following modules:

1. You can use LEAD MPEG-2 Transport module for playing and creating MPEG-2 Transport and MPEG-2 Program Files and Streams.
The compressions supported for video are:
- MPEG-1 Video compression
- MPEG-2 Video compression
- MPEG-4 Video compression
- H.264 Video compression

Please check the C# MPEG2Transport and C# Restreamer demos. You can find the demos in the following folders:
[LEADTOOLS Multimedia 17.5]\Examples\Ltmm\Dotnet\CS\MPEG2Transport
[LEADTOOLS Multimedia 17.5]\Examples\Ltmm\Dotnet\CS\Restreamer

2. You can use the LEADTOOLS Video Streaming Module, it uses the "ltsf://" protocol. It uses our own network components and the "ltsf" protocol is LEAD proprietary, so no other multimedia components can use it.

Please check the C# VideoConferencing demo in the following folder:
[LEADTOOLS Multimedia 17.5]\Examples\Ltmm\Dotnet\CS\VideoConferencing

In general, you can connect computers in 1-to-1 mode by specifying the exact IP address and port number, and you can also use multi-casting to connect one to many. If you want to use multicasting, you can do that with the UDP protocol. For more information, please see the following help topics in the LEADTOOLS Multimedia help file:
- Source File syntax
- Target File syntax
- Introduction to the LEADTOOLS MPEG-2 Transport Module
- Introduction to The LEADTOOLS Video Streaming Module

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support