Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 4:57:08 AM(UTC)
morrisonwx

Groups: Registered

Hello,
       I am trying to create a dll wrapper around a specific task.  We are moving from v14 to v17.5 where COM has been removed.  There it was decided to create a dll wrapper to replace the COM features.  I am doing the simple task of converting PDF to TIFF. But here is where I am having trouble: Which header files to include?  We included the following

#include "C:\Program Files\LEADTOOLS 17.5\Include\lttyp.h"
#include "C:\Program Files\LEADTOOLS 17.5\Include\ltver.h"

Which produce the error :

fatal error C1189: #error :  LEADTOOLS Vxx_CONFIG not found!    c:\program files\leadtools 17.5\include\ltver.h   

If I remove this header file I still get the same error.  So I am a bit confused.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 5:59:43 AM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

You need only to do 2 things for this to work:
1. Add the following definition:
#define LTV175_CONFIG
2. Include only one file, which is l_bitmap.h after you've made the previous definition.

#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:41:55 AM(UTC)
morrisonwx

Thank for the quick response.  It worked beautiful...

#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:42:55 AM(UTC)
morrisonwx

Another question:  Where in the vast help files can I locate this stuff...

#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:14:40 PM(UTC)
morrisonwx

I now getting a linking error:

Error    2    error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _L_SaveBitmap@24 referenced in function "long __stdcall PDF_To_TIFF_32(wchar_t * const)" (?PDF_To_TIFF_32@@YGJQA_W@Z)  

#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:13:48 AM(UTC)

Ibrahim  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Most users don't run into problems because the C/C++ demos we ship contain these definitions. Also, the header files give a fairly unambiguous error message indicating that the #define is needed.

However, we did have another customer complain about it, so a request to add more information about it has been recently sent to our documentation team.

About the linker error, please make sure that you have included all necessary libraries such as Ltkrn_u.lib. For this particular function, you will need Ltfil_u.lib.

Refer to our help topic "Files to be Included with Your Application" to know what libraries should be included in your application.