Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2005 12:32:55 AM(UTC)
ngxfer001

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I run the example of NetServer and NetClient and I try to use theLead H264 Professional. I try to see howz the quality of it. One thing I notice is that the video is seriously lag behind. This means that I hold up my hand in front of the webcam, it will take 2 second, before the client side screen showing the hand is rising.
I have already put the quality factor to 50 which is the worst. I can't even see my face.
My PC is already P4 3 GHz and 512 rams, the encoding and decoding of the H264 seems to me the problem? Or is there anything setting I do it wrong??
Thank you for reading this e-mail.
Best Regards
Ferdinand Ng

Edited by moderator Thursday, October 20, 2016 10:43:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Removed defunct emoticon

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2005 5:16:59 AM(UTC)
ngxfer001

Hi,

I just check out now the situation is only occur when I send 320x240, the outgoing frame rate only 10 frames / sec. Is it because it is too much data for the network? (But I am running both client and server on the same machine) Or it is too much computation required?

Ferdinand

#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 2, 2005 5:09:34 AM(UTC)

Silviu  
Silviu

Yes, the reduced frame rate is due to the computational requirements of the H264 codec.

The speed of the H264 is being optimized. Please consider doing one or more of the following:

* Use small video size like 320x240 or smaller.

* Enable SuperCompression

* Reduce the frame rate. In most cases, 15fps video looks as good as

30fps video