Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:46:21 AM(UTC)
ijourneaux1

Groups: Registered

I am trying to migrate to a new computer. When I try to run an application I already developed and was working, I now get the error listed above.

The line causing the error is

nRet = LEAD1.Load(SaveFile, 0, 0, 1)

The video file was created earlier by the same program and the new computer. The video format is LEAD-MJPEG 30 frames per sec. The video plays correctly in other applications.

I am using LeadTools Multimedia 13n

This looks and feels like a missing dll but can't figure out which one.

Appreciate any help.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:42:07 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

It appears you're trying to load a video file using our imaging ActiveX (LEAD Main OCX).
This is supported only if the file is of type AVI and you have a suitable video codec (decompressor) that's compatible with the Microsoft Video for Windows (VFW) specificaton.

To check that, check if you have the appropriate codecs installed using 'GSpot' utility. For more information, see the following post:
http://support.leadtools.com/SupportPortal/cs/forums/16802/ShowPost.aspx

After you know the codecs needed, you need to check if you have a VFW version available. To do this, you need to go to 'Control Panel' => 'System' => 'Hardware' tab => 'Device Manager' => 'Sound, video and game ...' section => right-click 'Video Codecs' => 'Properties' tab and check to see if you can find the needed codec for the video.

#3 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:33:59 AM(UTC)
ijourneaux1

The video file format created by the application is an AVI using the LEAD MJPEG codec. I verified that the LEAD MCP/MJPEG codec (VFW) is installed on this computer

#4 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:01:32 AM(UTC)
ijourneaux1

Here is a screen capture of the GSpot info screen for the avi involved.
File Attachment(s):
LeadTools.jpg (277kb) downloaded 65 time(s).

#5 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 11:23:23 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Hello,

Do you still have access to the old machine where your application was installed? If so, you could try running it and using the Process Explorer utility from Microsoft to find what DLLs are getting loaded on the old machine, and then compare that with what is getting loaded on the new machine. You can test and see which DLLs are being loaded by your application at any time with Process Explorer. This is a free program that is available from http://technet.microsoft...sinternals/bb896653.aspx . Just run your application side-by-side with Process Explorer. In Process Explorer, you'll want to find your application in the process tree, and then highlight it. With the lower pane enabled with the DLL view, you can see what is being loaded.

To see the DLLs, click on View -> Lower Pane View -> DLLs.
To see the path of the DLLs, click on View -> Select Columns, go to the DLL tab, and select the Path checkbox.

Could you also indicate what OS was on the old machine (Win 98, XP 32-bit, Vista 64-bit, etc) and what OS the new machine has?
Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo