Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 10:55:50 AM(UTC)

bethbob  
bethbob

Groups: Registered

I've created a task printer to save a print file to a jpg.  I would like to name my file after a piece of information I am going to pass to my print file, for instance the invoice_number. Is there a way I can get the "invoice" field to select as the tag for my unique file name? I also haven't been able to get the dialog box to be suppressed as it trys to do the save as..

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2010 4:54:54 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Output file names in ePrint can be:
1. Either a fixed string (some pre-defined text) with optional numbering system.
2. Or the same as the print job Document name.

It cannot be taken from a field inside the printed page itself.

The only way to customize it so that it changes with every print job is to use the ePrint API and create a program that controls the output file name, but even doing so will not give you automatic field tag to file name conversion. You will have to write the code that chooses the file name.

For more information about the ePrint API, please see this page:
http://www.eprintdriver.com/eprint-OEM-Developer.html

About suppressing the dialog box, this is a different issue, so please create a new forum thread for it or send it in a question to ePrintSupport@leadtools.com
If you do that, please send more details about the problem, including detailed steps on how to reproduce it.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support