Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2009 7:32:48 AM(UTC)
annyou88

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I am writing some code to support Check Image scanning (personal checks, business checks, etc) to our scanning module. Part of what I need to do for this feature is: I need to be able to feed the check through the feeder, and I need to support both Simplex and Duplex scanning. If duplex mode, I need to merge the front and back of the check image into a single image and output that.

I noticed that when I scan the image in through the feeder, there is always a big black border around the check image. I'd like to remove the black border before I do the merge. I tried to use the BorderRemoveCommand, however, I am getting a RasterException "Document capability is required" (exception code "DocumentNotEnabled").

I have used BorderRemoveCommand in other areas of my code, and I didn't have problems in the past. I don't see I'm doing anything different, so I don't know why I'm getting exception here? What does this exception mean anyways?

Although, my other question is: is there a way to remove the black border, or not have this black border show up on the scanned image at all in the first place? Is this done by adjusting the scanned area from the scanner driver?

Any suggestions on what's the best way to handle this kind of situation?

Thank you,

Ann

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:11:57 AM(UTC)

Basel  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

BorderRemoveCommand Class is available in the Document/Medical Toolkits. Do you have a LEADTOOLS Document or Medical product? If you're not sure, please send your serial number to support@leadtools.com (do NOT post it here)?

There could be ways to remove the black area other than the Border Remove function, such as the AutoCropCommand Class. If you need help with this, can you send me sample images in a ZIP file? You can post them here or send them to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post.

About merging the 2 sides into one image, LEADTOOLS will give you each side as a separate bitmap. You can create a third image big enough to contain both using the RasterImage constructor, then copy the 2 pages into it using the CombineFastCommand Class.

About scanning without a black border, are you using TWAIN to scan you images? You can adjust the scan area to match the scanned document. 

#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:59:18 AM(UTC)
annyou88

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Sorry - forgot to mention - I do have Leadtools document imaging toolkit 16.5 using .NET.

Actually, I figured out what's going on. I think this is a matter of scanner configuration issue. I tried on 2 separate scanners, and I am able to work out the configuration for the scanners so they will scan without the black border. So I think we are good now.

I did not realize there is the AutoCropCommand class though. I know about the CropCommand class, but that requires you passing in the rectangle area to be cropped. That's why I thought to use BorderRemoveCommand class, since I won't know ahead of time how big the black border is.

Thank you for the response though.

Ann