Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 9:54:54 AM(UTC)
avalanche333

Groups: Registered

Has anyone been able to successfully run OCR recognition from Java using JNI?

I've created my JNI wrapper and am able to successfully start the OCR engine, load bitmap, add page, find zone.  But when I call L_Doc2Recognize I get a -1230 result (General Protection Fault) along with a error "The instruction as "xxxxx" referecne memory at "0x000000000". The memory could not be "read" ".

I've tested the code in a c++ console app and it works fine, soon as wrap it with JNI and call from java that is what I get.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2009 10:49:40 AM(UTC)
avalanche333

Groups: Registered

Quick update.
I Created an extra function in the DLL so I can call into the JNI function from a c++ console app. I tried this out and it worked fine. So now I know the JNI Wrapper DLL is fine.
Looking more and more like a java problem. Would be very helpful to know if someone else has tried OCR w/ JNI.

Thanks,

#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 8, 2009 6:31:05 AM(UTC)

jigar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

This is just for other users who are having this problem.  We resolved this through email, and the solution was to enable the thunkserver.  You do that by calling L_Doc2Startup(&hdoc, NULL, TRUE);.  The 3rd parameter is to enable the thunkserver.