Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 5, 2009 4:20:05 PM(UTC)

ycho  
ycho

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I downloaded LEADTOOLS Main EVAL 16.5 and I'm testing the virtual printer module demo. When I try to print from a web page in IE8 the demo opens but it doesn't generate any file, if I print from a web page in another browser it works just fine. Is there a limitation with respect to the browser used?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:13:51 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Can you give me more details on how to reproduce the problem? I tested this issue as follows but I could not see the problem:

1- Install LEADTOOLS v16.5 evaluation edition with LEADTOOLS Virtual Printer on a Windows XP clean machine after that I installed IE8.
2- Run the Virtual Printer C# Main demo shipped with the toolkit.
3- I created a .NET printer.
4- I opened IE8. (MSN main page was loaded)
5- From IE8 File menu I selected Print.
6- I selected the new printer installed by the demo. and clicked OK to print the IE8 web page.
7 The demo loaded the page and I was able to save it.
I am attaching the result page.

If you do the same do you get the same results?

#3 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 9:57:46 AM(UTC)

ycho  
ycho

Groups: Registered

Hi,
The only difference is that I was working on a Windows Vista Home Edition machine. I tried after posting the message in a Windows XP machine and worked OK. Could that be the problem?

#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:06:24 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I tested this issue on a clean Windows Vista machine and it worked correctly. Can you check if the Virtual Printer is accessible and non Administrator users can install and print to virtual printers?

If our printer is working with other programs but not IE8, can you check if IE8 can print to other non-LEAD printers?