Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2009 6:30:23 AM(UTC)
warren022

Groups: Registered

I am using OcrMainDemo_x86 example and have some general OCR questions:

1. How do we know if a word was passed/failed spell checking? (is it the OcrWord.IsWordCertain flag?)

2. I am using the IOcrDocument.AutoZone() method on document larger than the size limits of the OCR engine, with success. It is drawing the zones correctly. However, can I be assured that it will not create zones larger than the max size limits of the OCR engine?

3. What are these language plus characters
// Add some Language Plus Characters.
 StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
char[] langPlusCharacters = { (char)0x2446, (char)0x2447, (char)0x2448, (char)0x2449, (char)0x0 };
sb.Append(langPlusCharacters);
_ocrEngine.SettingManager.SetStringValue("Language.LanguagesPlusCharacters", sb.ToString());

when I hold the cursor over langPlusCharcters, I just see them as identical square boxe characters.

Thank you,
Warren

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:39:46 AM(UTC)

Adam Boulad  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Warren,
1. You can use the OcrCharacter.WordIsCertain Property to check if the word this character is part of has passed spell checking or not.

2. From what I know about the size limits, they usually apply to the page dimensions, not the zone dimensions.
Do you have a sample image that exceeds the limits and yet succeeds with our OCR demo? If yes, can you send it to me in a ZIP or RAR file so that I can investigate more?

3. LanguagesPlusCharacters are characters that are not recognized directly by the OCR engine (Such as MICR characters). You can use this property to provide the ASCII code to the OCR engine to enable it to recognize them.

Note:
In the future, please create a different thread for each different issue you want assistance with.