Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2008 12:10:12 PM(UTC)
cheedallarajesh

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am trying to find a way to tag pdf documents with 2D Datamatrix barcode (on each page of the pdf document) so that when we get the pdf back from our clients thru fax (pdf printed and signed by our clients) then we can read the barcode and route it accordingly.

We are evaluating LeadTools pro for this. I am able to generate datamatrix barcode. But the code I was trying generates inconsistence rasterimage and barcode in it. I created a Raster Image using following code:
 RasterImage image = new RasterImage(RasterMemoryFlags.Conventional, 500, 500, 1, RasterByteOrder.Bgr, RasterViewPerspective.TopLeft, null, IntPtr.Zero, 0);

As the width/height is 500/500 and the barcode that I create using dynamic text varies in size and the resulted image looks pretty bad (a small portion of the image is barcode and rest is black).

Is there a way to create barcode image and insert into pdf document? If I could get a sample C# code would be much appreciated, or atleast point me to where to look for help.

Thanks,

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 6:33:08 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I am not sure that I fully understand what you are doing.

How are you writing the barcode to the PDF file? Adding a new page to the file with the barcode? Or are you writing the barcode on one of the existing pages?

Please note that you cannot modify (inserting pages or modifying them) a PDF file that was not created using LEADTOOLS.

#3 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:21:18 AM(UTC)
cheedallarajesh

Groups: Registered

I just want to add barcode to existing pdf document (one barcode on each page) which are not generated using lead tools.

#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:54:11 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

This is possible, but you will need to load the PDF using LEADTOOLS, add the barcode, then save it to a new PDF file.

The resulting file will contain all-bitmap pages. This means if the original had searchable text or drawing objects, they will all be converted to raster bitmap pixels when loaded into LEADTOOLS. The PDF plug-in that works with our imaging toolkits only saves raster (bitmap image) PDF.

If you face problems with that, can you send me a sample PDF file along with the barcode string you want to add to it? You can post it here, or if you don't want to post the file here, send it to support@leadtools.com and mention this forum post. Please put the file in a ZIP or RAR file before posting or sending it.