Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 5, 2008 12:35:20 PM(UTC)
Jon Shaw

Groups: Registered

I’m considering purchasing your multimedia product because it seems to do exactly what I need. I need to join multiple video clips, of a users choice, together into one file. I must be able to support DivX, mp4 and wmv/a. I am writing a web application in c# (.Net).

I have downloaded the evaluation version of your product, however the “ConcatSameSize” example seems to be working very slowly. I have tried joining two DivX files which are about 5 minutes each. The sample application works fine except that it takes about 7 minutes to complete. This is way too long to suit my needs. My users will most likely be selecting more than 5 files each.

I would very much like to purchase your product, is there a way to speed this process up considerably. I don’t need to convert formats or do any other processing, I just need to join clips. I just need to go from DivX to DivX or from mp4 to mp4 or from wmv to wmv.

Any help would be appreciated.
Jon

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 6, 2008 3:36:30 AM(UTC)

Yasir Alani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Re-encoding video files is a time consuming operation. The problem with concatenation is that both files must be split into individual samples (frames), then re-combined into one file. Unfortunately, this is true even if both original clips used the same video format and compression type.

Generally, the speed of re-encoding depends on:
1. Processor speed and memory.
2. Codecs used in de-compressing and compressing videos.
3. Resolution of the video.

You should get better results in improving the first point (use a faster processor and increase RAM).

Using a different codec can also improve results, but you find which codec gives best results only by doing some tests.