Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 12:09:16 AM(UTC)
Gunasekaran

Groups: Registered

Hello dude

I am using lead tools version 15.0 latest pateches. i am working in VB.Net platform,
1.How can i get the windowl level value W-value and L-value?
2.How can i get the contrast and brightness value?

Thanks and Regards
Guna

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:47:01 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

What kind of image are you dealing with?  Are you trying to get these values from a Dicom dataset or just a simple raster image like a TIFF?

#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:05:29 PM(UTC)
Gunasekaran

Groups: Registered

I am using both Tiff and dicom images....like save annotation option  is there any option to save the windowlevel event .For instance I am adjusting  the windowlevel of my image and saving the windowlevel (W and L value) separately without disturbing the original image ..whenver i load the original  image ,the windowlevel which as been saved separately should also be loaded along with image...(Same as like Save annotation ,load annotation methods)...
Can u please help me out in this issue...

Thanks
Guna

#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:25:31 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Window leveling is a purely logical concept.  It only tells the viewing
application how to interpret the 12 or 16bpp data because windows can only display 256 (8bpp) shades of gray. 

Brightness and Contrast can be physically applied to the image, but once it is done it is permanent and there isn't a way to calculate what brightness and contrast changes have been made.  LEADTOOLS also provides the ability to just change the brightness and contrast in the way it gets painted rather than physically changing the image.  To do this, use RasterImage.PaintContrast and PaintIntensity.  These are values that you can get and set and then save them out to a file as well.

It is possible to store the window center and width in a Dicom dataset (0028:0050 and 0028:0051), but TIF files do not have the same concept.  In this case you'll need to just keep track of the values the user has selected each time they ever change them and then save them to a separate file.

If there isn't a Window center and width values set either in your separate file or in the dataset, then you'll need to calculate it based on the bpp to set the width as the maximum width, and then divide that by two in order to get the center.