Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:13:11 AM(UTC)
splaisance

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am using LeadTools v15 with VB .NET. I need to include a ruler annotation in my program but want to be able to control the properties of the annotation and also which properties the user can set. I am looking at creating a custom ruler similar to the example which creates a custom Triangle annotation. However, the custom triangle is a simple example. Do you have any other examples of doing a more advanced custom annotation such as a ruler would be? And what would be the Draw and Edit Designers to derive from for a ruler? Just the base AnnDrawDesigner or something more specific?

Thank you.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:17:38 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Unfortunately, we don't have any specific examples of this, but here's a few suggestions.

For a custom ruler annotation, you'll want to use one of the AnnRuler*Object classes as your base class.  For something like a triangle, you could use the AnnPolyRulerObject with four points, making your first and fourth point the exact same, so all you would allow the user to do is edit the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd points.

As for the designers, the Ruler is based off of the line object, so you'd probably want to use the AnnLineEditDesigner and AnnLineDrawDesigner for your base classes (or use AnnPolyLine*Designer).