Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 9:14:23 PM(UTC)

gluca76  
gluca76

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I would like to know if there is compatibility beetwen the LeadTools control and VRS 4.1 sp2.

This means to have the ability to set all the twain parameters throught the code (leadtools methods) without showing any VRS dialog form.

I tried it successufully with some Fujitsu Twain Driver but I am having problem with VRS,

Regards,

luca

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:24:07 AM(UTC)

Travis  
Travis

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Although I have never tried LEADTOOLS with VRS in this fashion, the concept of scanning is the same for applications.  In our Leadtools.Twain.TwainSession::Acquire function, you can specify whether to show a user interface or not.  By calling the function Acquire all control is now in the scanners court.  The scanner can choose to pay attention to our request to show a dialog or not, or it can choose to ignore it.  Either way there is nothing LEADTOOLS can do to make it pay attention to our request. 

One thing you can do to see if the issue you're having is LEADTOOLS specific is to download Twacker.exe from www.Twain.org | Downloads (last link)  This is an EXE you can run to test VRS. Under the File Menu uncheck the "ShowUI" menu item then click File | Acquire to scan from VRS.  If a dialog pops up, then you will need to contact the creators of VRS to let them know they are not paying attention to the request not to show the UI. 

If no dialog pops up using Twacker, but does using LEADTOOLS, then please let us know and we can try to trace the issue within our code.
Travis Montgomery
Senior Sales Engineer
LEAD Logo