Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:58:05 AM(UTC)

Graddo  
Graddo

Groups: Registered

Hello.
I using Leadtools v15 Document Suite (Ocr & Pdf).
I have a problem with the ocr engine. Concretely, with the ".startup".
Always display the message "Set parameter is not acceptable". Previously, i had installed "Omnipage capture sdk v.12" from Scansoft, no longer.
What can I do?
Thanks.

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 5:46:58 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

I've never heard of this error before.

Which LEADTOOLS interface (.NET, API, etc.) are you using?

What is the file version of ltkrn15u.dll and Leadtools.dll that are on your machine?

Does this same error occur with the precompiled OCR demos that ship with the toolkit or only when you make your own project?

Does this work on other machines or only this particular machine that used to have Omnipage capture sdk v12 on it?

#3 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 11:31:22 PM(UTC)

Graddo  
Graddo

Groups: Registered

Hi Greg
It happens with the sample code demos, and our own code too.
In both, VBComOcrDemo.vbp(VB6) and VBOcrDemo.vbproj (DotNet).
It also happens in the IDE, or compiled code.

The file version of ltkrn15u.dll is 15.0.1.0

It happens only  in this  machine (no longer Omnipage), in other one no (never Ominpage) .

Thanks.
Graddo attached the following image(s):
error.JPG

#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:23:08 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this problem.  I tried setting up a new machine with Scansoft Omnipage 12.7 and then installing LEADTOOLS v15.  Then remove Omnipage 12.7 and LEADTOOLS still worked just fine.

I'm afraid this is just a problem with your specific computer, Omnipage likely didn't uninstall completely.  Since our SDK uses the Scansoft 12.7 SDK for our OCR engine, if you have a few files and/or registry keys hanging around from the Scansoft SDK that could cause problems like this.

You might be able to resolve the issue by reinstalling the Scansoft SDK, rebooting, then unintsalling the Scansoft SDK again in Windows safe mode to make sure that no other processes that might try to use the SDK are loaded.

Setting the RasterDocumentEngine.EnginePath property might also fix this problem.  However, if there's some bad files leftover in the system32 directory, then Windows will likely still try loading those files first, throwing off the application.