Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:02:29 AM(UTC)

mbsiehs  
mbsiehs

Groups: Registered

I'm using LineProfileClass.Run() on a RasterImage to get pixel information for a given line.  My understanding after reading the documentation about the class is that, for a horizontal line the Run() method should populate the three arrays, each with a length equivalent to the width of the given line (consider the line to be horizontal for simplicity).  My program used to work fine on a wide array of images, but something appears to be wrong now.  It appears that the arrays returned are of different lengths (which caused my program to throw an exception), and all three of the lengths are less than the length of the line identified by the StartPoint and EndPoint property.

I see in the documention that the class does support 12/16 bit grayscale and 48/64 bit color but in medical only.  Does that mean that other image formats aren't supported in version 15?  I recently changed from 14 to 15 -- could that have caused a problem, or is my understanding of how the command works in error?

Thanks for your time.
Matt 

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:04:28 AM(UTC)

mbsiehs  
mbsiehs

I downloaded a patch for another issue and that fixed it.  Sorry for taking your time.

Matt

#3 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:11:22 AM(UTC)

mbsiehs  
mbsiehs

I still have a little bit of a problem.

In the original application, I allowed the user to place the image in "Profile" mode, which in essence graphed the RGB values returned by LineProfileClass.Run() directly on the image.  The StartPoint and EndPoint values were calculated from the mouse position.  Originally, my application allowed the user to hold the mouse down and scroll around the picture and the graph happened in real time.  Now there is some latency associated with the Run() command.  I know it's the Run() and not the drawing because I have commented out both to identify the bottle-neck.

I'll bet there is some kind of property or flag somewhere that I'm not setting properly or something like that.  Could you help me identify why I would have that latency with the Run() command?  I'm using Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Color.dll version 15.0.0.3 for .NET.

Thanks a lot.
Matt

#4 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2007 12:31:23 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

A major performance hit can happen if you run your code inside the Visual Studio .NET debugger. This is because of the way the debugger loads our DLLs. Please try to perform your test by building a Release EXE and running it at full speed outside the Visual Studio IDE.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#5 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2007 10:03:42 AM(UTC)

mbsiehs  
mbsiehs

You are absolutely correct.  I tried running it in release mode before my last post, but that's not the same thing as building a release and running it outside of the Visual Studio environment.  Once I did that, the latency disappears.

Thanks for the info.
Matt