Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2007 1:22:32 PM(UTC)
captainks

Groups: Registered

Hello,

SETUP:
I've based a .NET project on the C# OCRDemo. I need to load a PDF (w/10 pages) and scan different zones on each page. I presently have this working... loading each page as a RasterImage and then feeding it into the RasterDocumentEngine and then dynamically creating all zones... and then reading them correctly. This is all working.

WHAT I FEEL I KNOW:
I'm pretty sure that, if a PDF-page is loaded as a RasterImage, that it gets rasterized (and there is a 3-5 sec delay in loading 1 page). And it also appears that, when I add this image to the RDocEngine (via AddPage(), which requires a RasterImage param)... that it is Also rasterizing that image -- because I notice the same 3-5 second delay.

QUESTION:
Am I causing a rasterizing-process to occur Twice for the same page? Is there a more-efficient way to go about this?

NOTES:
Again, the RDocEngine only loads an RasterImage via AddPage(). And RasterImage only loads from a file via Load(). Both of these seem to have a 3-5sec delay for each page they process.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)
Kurt (captainsnyder@gmail.com)

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Sunday, July 15, 2007 11:02:31 PM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

About the required time to load PDF image, this depends on the image that you are trying to load. To reduce the loading time, you may try to load the PDF image using small resolutions (such as 100 DPI).

After loading the PDF file to RasterImage, when you call the rasterDocument.AddPage method, this method inserts the RasterImage in internal OCR list of pages.

Actually there is no other way to load and insert the RasterImage in the OCR RasterDocumentEngine.

Note: when using a low resolution to load PDF images, the quality of the image will be reduced. This might affect the accuracy of the OCR recognition process.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2007 5:42:19 AM(UTC)
captainks

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply! Mainly, you answered my question of whether there was another way I should be proceeding or not.

Unfortunately, to get the OCR-resolution we need, I'm having to read at the 300-DPI resolution. And the delay we're seeing will just be something we will proceed with.

But, since I saw the 3-5sec delay... twice... I just wanted to make sure I wasn't proceeding incorrectly. :)

Thanks for the help! Kurt

#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:05:26 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

Please note that loading PDF into LEADTOOLS causes converting it to bitmap image (rasterizing operation), which takes time.
Adding this bitmap to the OCR engine also takes some time, but the normal thing is this other part should be faster than the rasterizing part.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support