Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2007 11:16:47 AM(UTC)

Bag  
Bag

Groups: Registered

Hello all,

I am new to the Lead Tools line of products.  I want to be able to scan a barcode on a well with a barcode scanner (2d datamatrix) and use the lead tools to read the encoded string inside of my application.

How do I access the image from the scanner/reader and use it with the lead barcode sdk?  Im starting from scratch and I cant seem to find anywhere online that shows how to do this.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 5, 2007 7:37:21 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

LEADTOOLS toolkit does not communicate directly with any
hardware barcode readers. It can detect barcodes inside computer image files stored on Windows machines, and it can write barcodes on such images.

If you are using a regular image scanner that has a
standard Twain driver, you can use our toolkit to acquire the image then use our barcode functions to detect the barcode inside it

#3 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:07:27 PM(UTC)
cindy313

which kind  of barcode you wanna scan, and which app are you using ? well, I know a website searched several days ago about the barcode scanner hardware with several types and the barcode reader software,you may have a look, there seems to have the guide for using it.Hope you can find the answer.

#4 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 6:23:22 AM(UTC)
lilibialf

Yes, please let me know.

#5 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 7:49:50 AM(UTC)

Walter  
Walter

Groups: Tech Support

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

LEADTOOLS does not sell any hardware barcode scanners. Our barcode support is all software based, but without the specific hardware dependencies you may find with other vendors.

With the release of LEADTOOLS v18, we now support Android and iOS devices. When including this with our Windows Phone support, there are a wide variety of hand-held devices that LEADTOOLS can be used with to decode barcodes.

If you have not done so already, I would highly recommend downloading the latest LEADTOOLS evaluation to test out our latest barcode engine support. You can find more information here:
https://www.leadtools.com/sdk/barcode

Edited by moderator Monday, August 5, 2019 12:16:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Walter Bates
Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo

#6 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 5:58:12 AM(UTC)
juliemack169

I was also facing this issue but now sorted out my problem.