Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2007 6:49:23 PM(UTC)

Anil  
Anil

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I would like to use ePrint for simultaenously sending printout to a physical printer and store the output in pdf format. I have following setup:

1. Oracle application server running at a remote location.

2. Oracle client application running at a local location.

3. Printing happens on a local network printer through a print icon provided in Oracle client. All the Oracle prints happen in middle of night through some kind of scheduling mechanism.

4. Oracle client does not allow for the printer to be selected. Printer for a location is defined by an adminitrator and therefore preset.

I have following questions:

1. Can I use ePrint for simultaenous printing and pdf conversion or at least pdf conversion.

2. Where do I need to install ePrint in this envionment - Oracle Client, Oracle Server, Print server or I can put it on any new machine.

I have reviewed the documents available on this site but was not able to get an answer.

Thanks,

Anil

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:16:25 AM(UTC)

Qasem Lubani  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

1. You can most likely use ePrint to achieve this functionalities through the ePrint Task printer.

The task printer can print the documents to PDF and rout them to another system printer at the same time.

2. The reason I wrote "most likely" above, is that there is a limitation.

LEADTOOLS ePrint can receive print jobs from any standard Windows application, but it can only do that in one of 2 ways:

- If the application is running locally on a
machine, ePrint Pro must be installed on the same PC where the printing application is running.

- Another way is when the application is running on
a Terminal Server and being accessed from a Terminal Client PC, in this case
you can use the Terminal Services edition of ePrint and install it on the server machine, and print from the client machine.

Please note that ePrint5 cannot be shared on a
network like other printers. However, it can route print jobs to other network shared printers.

I recommend you download the free evaluation
edition and try with it. The evaluation displays reminder dialog boxes, but you
can tell it not to display the reminder for days, so you can even test unattended printing.

http://eprintdriver.com/product-line.html