Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:47:05 PM(UTC)
hemantbkulkarni

Groups: Registered

Hi There

I am printing Images in the database using crystal reports and Lead Raster View Control.
When I print , the size of the image depends upon the DPI.
How shall I make the size of the Image independent of DPI with which it is scanned.
or How can I change the DPI of the image to 200.
I am using
LeadRasterView1.raster.bitmapXres = 200;
LeadRatsterView1.raster.bitmapYres = 200;
But this do not change the size (Dimension)of the image.
So in my project I am creating seperate report to print 200 DPI images and seperate report to print 300 DPI images but when the image is more than 300 DPI then the whole printing is disturbed as it is printed in more than one page as it is big in size.
Let me know what is the relation between DPI and size of the image.
Please Help me in this regard.

With Regards
Hemant BK

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, February 2, 2007 11:51:05 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

DPI is Dots (pixels) Per Inch.  This means that for a 200 DPI image, every 200 pixels equals one inch.  Therefore an image that is 8.5 x 11 inches would be 1700 x 2200 pixels.

Most likely, your printer has a differnt DPI than does your image it it looks like it is coming out at 300 DPI.  Therefore when you are rendering or painting the bitmap to your printer's DC, you will need to resize it so that it is the size you actually want it to be.  There should be a tutorial in your help file entitled "Print a Real Image Size in Inches".