Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, January 29, 2007 11:47:00 AM(UTC)
Formative

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am having a very big problem with the thumbnail browser example given in LEADTOOLS Main EVAL 15 under Raster Imaging Pro. The example Thumbnail Browser works fine for me in 64 bit and 32 bit versions. However, when I copy the same code from the example to a different solution and strip out the code for the view menu and about dialog, I either run into threading problems, random threading errors such as 'cross threading not supported', 'background worker is busy', 'You must have a STA identifier to make OLE calls' and all kinds of other runtime errors.

I'm at my wits end as I've tried everything, when I put a call to

_browser.LoadThumbnails("C:\\Images\\", "*.*", RasterThumbnailBrowserLoadFlags.None); 

in it's own thread, it loads fine but all the pictures load up with an 'x' the standard 'picture not available' symbol, but it does recognize that the file is there because it loads the file name underneath. When I try the same directory with the example, it loads fine.

I've referenced all the DLLs and the rest of the code is straight copy paste from the example. It makes no sense to me. Please help!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2007 8:40:33 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

Did you include all of the codecs dlls as well?  Each codec is responsible for loading its respective file format(s), for example you need Leadtools.Codecs.Tif.dll for loading TIFs. 

#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:48:32 AM(UTC)
Formative

Thank you for the quick response, it is much appreciated. I am currently referencing the Leadtools.Codecs.dll in my project.

Looking at the CSThumbnailBrowserDemo in EVAL 15, I only see references to:

1. Leadtools.dll
2. Leadtools.Codec.dll
3. Leadtools.WinForms.dll

How come I do not see the other references in the demo project?

Thank you,

Andrew

#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:37:02 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

The demo probably works with less references because it gets built into the Bin Directory where ALL of the codecs dlls are located.  You need to either copy/paste the necessary codecs dlls to your output directory or add them as references.

For example, if you need to load and/or save JPG files, you will need to include Leadtools.Codecs.Cmp.dll.  These are the codecs dlls you need to copy or reference in order to load and/or save files, sorry for any confusion in my previuos post.

#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 1:47:14 PM(UTC)
Formative

Thanks for the information, I will make a reference to the required .dlls and post my findings.

Thank you, your help is much appreciated.

Andrew

#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 31, 2007 2:54:18 PM(UTC)
Formative

Hello Greg,

I copied over the required .dll's and everything is working perfectly now.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Andrew