Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2007 4:39:59 AM(UTC)
Raymond Lee

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I am going to evaluate Leadtools 14.5 .NET performance with Kodak i800 scanner and I want to replace our old scanning system which uses Kodax
Adrenaline accelerator and Kofax ImageControl and use Victor to do A3 split process.

As I works on Kodak i260 scanner and I figure out that Leadtools 14.5 can catch up the scanning process and imaging processing processes (I put the raw image sent from scanner into a queue and use multiple threads to get raw images from queue and perform rotations, barcode reading...), but only able to match with the scanning speed of i260

However, I start to worry when working with i800 scanner, the image processing speed of Leadtools cannot catch up the scanning throughput. (I quite worry about the rotate A3 and do A3 split to two A4 and the speed of barcode reading would be the performance bottleneck, I measured that do barcode reading on 10 pages, including page with barcodes and no pages, takes 1 second, and rotate commands also take time to do)

Does anyone in this forum has the experienc on using Kodak i800 with leadtools .NET?

Thanks,
Raymond

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2007 7:11:39 AM(UTC)

Adnan Ismail  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Raymond,
Although we don't have your particular scanner model, we might be able to give you some useful tips.
For example, if the barcode exists in a specific part of the scanned page, you could speed up barcode recognition by defining a recognition region.
About splitting the A3 image to two A4 images, a relatively fast way to do it is to create an empty A4 image, copy half of the original using CombineFastCommand to the new image, then remove this half from the original image using CropCommand.