Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:43:11 PM(UTC)

Draco  
Draco

Groups: Registered

hey you all, you know those automatically door openers that work with aproaching sensors??

well the thins is that i have to improve this system so that the door only opens when someone is really going inside, that means using a camera not sensors then, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions so i can achieve this task?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Friday, July 14, 2006 7:58:17 AM(UTC)

GregR  
GregR

Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators

In our Multimedia Toolkit we have a Motion Detection Filter.  With this you would be able to detect and track motion with a camera.  You would be able to tell what direction and how fast the objects are going.

I believe your project would still need some good artificial intelligence to detect and guess whether someone actually has intentions of entering.  If people walk towards your door, it might not be as hard to detect as someone walking from the side, turning and expecting it to open, or if people walk up to the door very slowly.  You could also use our toolkits to analyze the image data if you  needed to do facial recognition or detect the way a person is facing, however this takes a lot of extra coding as well.

You will have some other hardware interfacing problems to code as well.  You will have to have to find a way to open the door once you have detected you want it to open.  We do not offer any direct interfacing such as that.

So basically, I think you would be able to do this project using LEADTOOLS for some aspects, but you will have a decent amount of other work to do.  We offer free evaluations of our toolkits, so you can test out our product before purchasing it.  Please contact sales@leadtools.com for more information on pricing and to set up an evaluation.