Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:48:06 AM(UTC)
neerajkaushik_123

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I am using Leadtools Document Imaging Suit 14.5. There are certain problems we want to ask you:

1. when application does ocr a document it takes time approx 3-5 secs. for full page. Is there any method that will reduce ocr time?

2. Can we use Image viewer as royalty free component?

3. Can we train ocr engine to identify documents, so that it will get necessary information when it do ocr in subsequent calls.

4. Sometimes OCR engine fails, when doing ocr for long time.

Hope for positive Response!

Neeraj Kaushik

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Thursday, June 1, 2006 12:19:46 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

1. The recognizing speed depends on the image that you are trying to OCR. However, you may try to reduce the recognition time by using the ILEADRasterDocument.RecognizeModuleTradeoff property. The RecognizeModuleTradeoff property gets or sets a value that tells the OCR engine to perform the most accurate recognition, the fastest recognition, or a balanced recognition. The possible values:
- RECOG_MODULE_ACCURATE: Most accurate recognition (Default)
- RECOG_MODULE_BALANCED: Mid-level accuracy/speed recognition
- RECOG_MODULE_FAST: Fast recognition

2. Please send your query to LEADTOOLS sales department at sales@leadtools.com. They will help you to get any information about the royalties.
3. Can you please provide me with more information about what exactly you are trying to do?
4. If the OCR fails on a certain image, please send me the image and I will check it.
Also, how long goes it take before failing?

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support

#3 Posted : Monday, September 4, 2006 11:38:14 PM(UTC)
neerajkaushik_123

Groups: Registered

Hello,

My point is about speed of ocr engine. if i use tradeoff property to fast, then accuracy will be down.I saw one of the engine in market, which takes .5 second for doing ocr for one page.

Please tell some tips to optimize myapplication regarding ocr so that it will less time as possible it can achieve.

thanks

neeraj kaushik

#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2006 12:02:21 AM(UTC)
Maen Hasan

Groups: Registered, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hello,

You are right, when you set the RecognizeModuleTradeoff property to RECOG_MODULE_FAST, the accuracy will be down.

However, to optimize the recognition time you may try to enhance the quality of the images by using the following image processing functions before recognizing the image:
+-----+
for(int i = 1;i<rasterImage.PageCount;i++)
{
rasterImage.Page = i;
Leadtools.ImageProcessing.ResizeCommand command2 = new Leadtools.ImageProcessing.ResizeCommand();
command2.Flags = RasterSizeFlags.Bicubic;
command2.DestinationImage = new RasterImage (RasterMemoryFlags.Managed , 400, 200,rasterImage.BitsPerPixel, rasterImage.Order , rasterImage.ViewPerspective, rasterImage.Palette , null );
command2.Run(rasterImage);

Leadtools.ImageProcessing.ColorResolutionCommand command = new Leadtools.ImageProcessing.ColorResolutionCommand();

// Change the color resolution to 1 bits per pixel
command.BitsPerPixel    = 1;
command.DitheringMethod = Leadtools.RasterDitheringMethod.None;
command.PaletteFlags = Leadtools.ImageProcessing.ColorResolutionCommandPaletteFlags.Fixed;
command.Mode = Leadtools.ImageProcessing.ColorResolutionCommandMode.InPlace;
command.Order = Leadtools.RasterByteOrder.Bgr;
//command.Palette = null;
command.Run(command2.DestinationImage);            

rasterImage.XResolution = 400;
rasterImage.YResolution = 400;            

Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Effects.AntiAliasingCommand command1 = new Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Effects.AntiAliasingCommand();
//do the anti-aliasing on the image.
command1.Threshold = 25;
command1.Dimension = 7;
command1.Filter = Leadtools.ImageProcessing.Effects.AntiAliasingCommandType.Type1;
command2.Run(command2.DestinationImage);
}
+-----+

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Maen Badwan
LEADTOOLS Technical Support