Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, May 12, 2006 7:49:22 AM(UTC)

nubber  
nubber

Groups: Registered

I am using the RasterCodecs' Convert function to convert preexisting tiffs in any format to G4Tiffs but when I look at the output images it is only reading the first page.  Does anyone know of a way around this?

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:44:50 AM(UTC)

Bashar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

You are probably using the wrong overloads of the Load and Save methods.  Try using this syntax:

Image = Codecs.Load(sourceFile, 0, 0, 1, -1);
Codec.Save(Image, targetFile, Tif, 24, 1, Image.PageCount, 1, Append);

#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2006 4:31:20 AM(UTC)
CharlieBarrett2

I don't understand this answer, because the Convert function does not require Load() and Save()

I'm having the same problem - Only one TIFF page being saved with Convert(), and also with Load() /Resize/ Save(), if I do it that way - The source image has 3 pages, but the DestinationImage object from the Resize command only has one page! (I'm trying to Resize and convert a standard TIFF to a JPEG-compressed multipage TIFF)

I also notice now that when I step thru pages and resize each page individually and append pages to the file one at a time, a page from the previous image is appearing as the 1st page when I save, even though when I'm stepping thru the file structure, I'm creating new IRasterImage and ResizeCommand objects each time.

This is driving me up the wall, and Help documentation for a lot of .NET properties and Methods only list syntax - It doesn't tell you anything about the purpose or behavior of the Properties & Methods.

For example with Convert, the role of the CodecsImageInfo object is not explained at all - And most of the properties are Read-only!!!! And when I derive the CodecsImageInfo object from the old image (which has the PageCount I want), it has no affect on the output files' PageCount - How do you tell LeadTools to just resize & convert the whole image ?????? It's gotta be simpler than this!

I'm using version 14.0

#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:28:16 AM(UTC)
CharlieBarrett2

Ahhh... Found the problem with the phantom image being saved to the TIFF file...

I have to save page one of the TIFF using the CodecsSavePageMode.Overwrite option, then use the CodecsSavePageMode.Append on all the other pages.

Using CodecsSavePageMode.Append on a non-existant file seems to be trying to append to some other file in the output directory or something, even though it creates a new file (???)

#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:57:54 AM(UTC)

Bashar  

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Using append on a non-existing file should just create the file and save to it. But the approach you are using is also correct.