Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Last Go to last post Unread Go to first unread post
#1 Posted : Friday, May 5, 2006 4:22:34 AM(UTC)

nubber  
nubber

Groups: Registered

I am working with, sometimes, thousands of tiffs and, of which, most are multipage.  I currently have software that I know uses Lead Tools v12 but I do not have access to the source.  The program is suppose to run through all of the tiffs and, if specified, stamps the tiffs with a specified number, and the end product is single-page, stamped tiffs.  What I need to know, first of all, is if this will even be worth redoing with v14.5 and C# .NET 2.0 vs v12 and VB6.  Secondly, I need to know what my best approach would be to split the tiffs and stamp them.  I know there are a lot of articles out there about writing text on an image, but I specifically need the output tiffs to be group 4 compressed (which is 1bpp and i have had many problems with changing back to 1bpp from a graphics object after writing on it.)  If anyone has any examples or links to examples it would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Try the latest version of LEADTOOLS for free for 60 days by downloading the evaluation: https://www.leadtools.com/downloads

Wanna join the discussion? Login to your LEADTOOLS Support accountor Register a new forum account.

#2 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2006 10:50:36 AM(UTC)

Amin  
Amin

Groups: Manager, Tech Support

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

It is fairly easy to do this with LEADTOOLS using either VB6 or C#.NET.

The general steps, which are syntax-independent, are:
1. Load a page of the TIFF file.
2. Obtain a GDI drawing object (device context) for the image and draw the text. (implicit step in the Main OCX)
3. Save as 1-bit CCITT Group 4 to a new file name.

Note that 1-bit images are compatible with GDI, so you don't need to convert among different bit depths before and after drawing.

Edited by moderator Friday, October 7, 2016 9:36:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Amin Dodin

Senior Support Engineer
LEAD Technologies, Inc.
LEAD Logo